I remember when Parker slept for a good 2-3 hours at a time every day . . .he was also one month old.
I remember when Parker was only awake about 5 or 6 hours of the day . . .he was also one month old.
I love each stage we've been through and now we are seeing if our little cat napper is close to being a better 1 hour+ napper each day.
At daycare this week (one day) he took a 3 1/2 hour nap one morning and a 1 1/2 nap in the afternoon, and maybe one other cat nap.
He seems to wake after sleep cycles . . .about every 40 minutes, and sometimes will fall back asleep but typically not.
But yesterday he took a 2 1/2 half hour nap at daycare, and this morning took a 2 hour 20 minute nap and is napping (maybe close to waking . . .close to the 40 minute mark) right now. I am hoping he is starting to become a bit better of a napper . . but know that no matter if he is or isn't he'll get enough sleep somehow.
He still doesn't sleep through the night, but I honestly didn't expect him to be doing so at 4 months. Some people have babies who have slept through the night from day 1, or month 1, but Parker must just have sleep patterns like his momma and love me so much he doesn't want to miss any feedings through the night ;) I love him no matter how he sleeps and he pretty much falls right back asleep after he does eat at night. I cannot complain because I get pretty good rest :) He'll fall sleep for the night after he eats around 8 or 9 and sometimes be out for about 3 hours . . sometimes 5 or 6. Then he'll want to eat again, and maybe once more before morning.
He is just awesome . . . learning so many new things: rolling more and more, grabbing things and trying to eat them all day long, and really playing with his voice and volume a lot (so far he seems to do this mostly around us . . . I think he'll be somewhat reserved around others like his mom and dad). I am looking forward to a good chunk of time off with my little man . . .7 more days with kids and two work days :)
He's adorable!! Wow 4 months already!! =)
ReplyDelete