Saturday, March 5, 2011

My first homemade lasagna

I had a request to share a new recipe I tried for an EASY, no-boil lasagna. I didn't have a lasagna recipe but wanted to make it, so when we were at the store I thought, I bet they have one on that back of the box. Sure enough . . .so here it is :)


"No Boil Classic Lasagne" (From Mueller's)


Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Serves: 8-10 (leftovers!!!!)


You'll need:
8oz (1/2-3/4 package) Mueller's Lasagne, uncooked
15 oz Ricotta cheese (or 2 cups cottage cheese) (I used ricotta . . yummmm)
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 1/2 cups (52 oz) of your favorite pasta sauce (I think I added a little extra, maybe 1/2 a cup)
1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage, cooked and drained (we used sausage)
1 tsp parsley flakes (really I just sprinkled it to my liking)


Preheat oven to 350 deg F


In medium bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs; mix well.


In a separate bowl, add browned meat to pasta sauce; mix well.


Spread 1 cup (I did probably 1 1/2) of the meat-sauce mixture in a 9x13 pan.


Place 1/3 of the lasagne noodles (I used 5 on each layer, breaking off the end of one) over the sauce. Spread 1/2 the cheese mixture over the noodles, top with 1/3 the meat-sauce.


Repeat layering. Top with remaining noodles and then meat-sauce mixture.


Cover with foil. Bake 55 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle reserve mozzarella cheese and parsley flakes.


Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving (helps everything stick together).


ENJOY :) I know we all loved it!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I'm visiting from Mrs. Bee's Buzzin Around with the Bees blog :) She had you on her list of her favorite reads so I knew I would enjoy you as well. I just bookmarked this recipe so I can try it myself. I've been attempting be a better little housewife (girlfriend) and cooking more often is on my list.

    Now following you and wishing you a beautiful Sunday!

    xoxo
    Katie
    http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks so much for posting! I will be making this very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete