How far along? 24 weeks - 6 months!!!!!!
Total weight gain/loss? 16-17 lbs
Maternity clothes? Not in this picture, but otherwise yes.
Sleep? Started having crazy pregnant woman dreams - not about labor but so detailed, SO weird, often disturbing they keep me up sometimes, like yesterday morning - I woke up about 3 and could NOT fall asleep. Oh well . . . also pillows or my preggo pillow is a must for sleep these days or I wake up/sleep very uncomfortable.
Best moment this week? Parker sleeping through the night in his big boy bed about 5 nights in a row. He is getting so much better about going "nigh-nigh" and loves reading to his baby doll and tucking him in before we read, say our goodnights, prayers and often sing song or two. He had started falling asleep totally on his own (yes until about a month ago we pretty much always put him to bed because A)I am not a fan of crying it out . . . not for Parker anyways . . . didn't feel right for us, and B)He has always been a big snuggler when he gets sleepy - and I know he won't do that forever so we cherished those moments. Then he realized - "Hey! I can climb in my own bed, I can climb out too!" So for a little while we are transitioning ourselves back out of the room while he falls asleep. But sitting in bed, or next to his bed while he goes to sleep is WAY easier than holding, walking, walking a toddler around. He's getting so big and we are SO proud of him every morning for being a big boy and sleeping through the night.
Movement? He is a mover and a shaker! He kicks, punches, head butts, hiccups, and squirms a lot. My belly is really starting to move a LOT!
Food cravings? Just cold beverages this week to stay cool, and popsicles.
Gender? Boy! Keep reading to find out our little man's name :)
Labor signs? A braxton hicks here or there but not every day and no more than one or so when I do have them.
Belly button - in or out? I have a feeling it will always be in, or eventually flat like it was with P, unless this little man surprises me. The top portion is often further out than the bottom part . . . go figure!
What I miss? I miss getting up easily, and I know it is only going to be more challenging from here on out, but still so worth it :)
What I am looking forward to? Making artwork for the nursery, and finishing curtains for there too. We finished (my mom and I) the curtains for P's room and I'll have to catch some pictures for you. We found navy fabric with baseballs on it, and red fabric with little tiny dots for the main bulk of the curtain panel. Parker loves them and I love the difference in the room with more red.
In honor of my Grandpa - who has been in Heaven 1 year today - we want to share our new little man's name!
Hudson Thatcher Rey
We can't wait to meet our new little guy and picked his middle name after his Great Grandpa's middle name - we sure wish Hudson could meet you Gramps, because we know you would be buddies. But we can't wait to tell him all about what a fun, Godly, hard-working man you were. You taught us so much about loving others and caring for our family and we are so blessed to have had you in our lives and SO thankful Parker got to know you a for a little while too. We think you'd get such a kick out of Parker who loves to pretend he is a puppy right now, and loves Sparty as much as you did. You'd love that he loves to help in the garden, be outside and loves people just like you did. We can't wait to see you again someday :)
Erin! I LOVE his name!!!! Hudson was at the top of our list but one of my best friends has a Hudsenn so we couldn't use it! Thatcher is a great name too and I love the meaning of it :) I can't wait to see sweet, Hudson either!!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.s. You look great!
Awww, love Hudson! Great name and sweet story behind it. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo love the name...Grandma V would be SO PROUD ,and I am sure he is! that you ae naming Hudson after him!!
ReplyDeleteLuv, Grmma G....
Love the name -- we miss your grandpa too!
ReplyDeleteErin, I love the name of your little one...so cute & I love the significance it has for your and your fam!
ReplyDeleteHey Gorgeous! LOVE the new little man's name - Baby G's middle name is (most likely going to be) my grandpa's too :) You look fantastic, and it's good to know that I'm not the ONLY one having very strange and vivid pregnancy dreams!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great name!! And you're looking so good!! WOW! So close!
ReplyDeleteChris and Erin, Can't wait to meet little Hudson, Grandpa would be sooo proud! What an honor for him! Love, A. Gayl
ReplyDeleteLove the name!! And I know Grandpa is just beaming up in heaven now that the Thatcher name is being passed to another generation!! :)
ReplyDelete