Friday, January 6, 2012

So proud

P has been showing some interest in the potty training front, so for Christmas we got him undies, and a potty watch (I'll post on that more when we officially start training).



About a week and a half ago, while I was giving him a bath and we were talking about using the potty (because toddlers have lots of questions you know) and I said something like, "Do you want to go potty on the big potty like Mommy and Daddy do?" And he said,


"Go potty on big potty - with spiderman seat"


"Oh, so you will go potty if you have a spiderman seat?"


"Yes, Mommy!"


Well, anything to spark interest in the potty . . . I didn't find a Spiderman seat, but a Cars seat instead, and he seemed to like that just fine.


Since we've gotten it he's asked to go potty lots of times, but Wednesday night we had a big moment!


We'll just say he's quite obvious when he has to go #2. He'll usually run to a particular spot in the kitchen to stand, or run to his bedroom, the bathroom, or our bathroom and shut the door ("I pooping Mommy." . . . . ."Are you done yet?" "No, still going. Shut the door please").


Well that night he said "Mommy! Gotta go potty!" So off we went and he sat there for a minute or so. Then he asked for a book and when I came back he was going #2 on the potty. He was SO proud of himself and we made a big deal (lots of clapping, high fives, a sucker and of course we had to call and tell Noni and Poppi).

I wasn't really planning on even thinking about potty training until this summer but if he is interested in it, we'll take little steps. But SOOOOO proud of my little man!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Parker!! =)

    I have a few pictures of El on the potty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is TOO cute! I love the conversation about the Spiderman seat. Where do they come up with this stuff? ha!

    Asher is far from ready - every time I ask him about simply sitting on the potty he says "no" and walks away. He also doesn't seek privacy yet, so I think we still have a while to wait. Oh well. :-)

    Go P!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Parker! Very exciting. We have been using the potty here and there and making sure it is fun! I am excited to hear about the watch. I have read about it but never heard from someone who has used it! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed! Porter wants nothing to do with the potty... he will go once or twice a day but it's because we make him!

    ReplyDelete