Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Thanks to all the people who have served our country, and who have given their lives to do so. It is all too easy to forget all the struggles people have gone through to make our country free . . . the thing I am most thankful for is freedom of religion. I can't imaging living somewhere where I'm unable to worship God like I am here.

Holiday weekends always allow great family time too. We helped (well the guys did) build garden boxes for my dad this weekend in their backyard. They looks great! I am so blessed to have the family I do, even wonderful grandparents. My grandma has Alzheimer's and is now at the point where she can't really remember how to walk independently, but she still has such an ear for music and has the most beautiful voice (more so humming now but still beautiful). I still love visiting her and grandpa . . . now they live next door to one another in a nursing home and their relationship reminds me of "The Notebook" . . . very genuine and sweet. I can only pray that Chris and I are like that when we get older :)

And I got to bake the tastiest cake . . .Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake . . . just because we had a family get together . . .

:o> P.S. Is there a better smell in springtime than fresh cut grass?

3 comments:

  1. Yay- you have a blog!

    I'm so glad Grams and Gramps got to hang out with you- and I hope there was some cake leftover for Chris to take home for later! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to bloggyworld! Great start, look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and welcome. Looking forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete