Saturday, June 6, 2009

God is in control not me . . .

Things don't always go according to plan . . .
I think I remind myself of this everyday when I am teaching, but forget to tell myself this at home sometimes. Especially when it comes to illness!

I started sneezing Wednesday evening, my day off, and progressively got more and more stuffed up on Thursday. Oh sinus infections are horrible! I've pretty much had to change everything around this weekend. Oh well, you have to rest a lot when you get knocked down.

We did go see "Up" and it was really good! I would really recommend it, especially in 3D! The glasses are very Blues Brothers-ish.

I decided last night that I wasn't going to be able to go to the Wings game. I told my hubby to call up a buddy and let him go with him instead. Want to know what I was the MOST sad about not being able to go? Missing out on a Panera Trip! Ever since I lived in GR I visited there as frequently as I possibly could, and in Midland the CLOSEST is about 1.5 hours away. So when we go down to the Detroit area and there are oodles of them, we always make at least one special stop . . . SO SAD! Yep the sickness got to me so much that I completely broke down and cried over not being able to go to Panera! Oh man!!!!

So, today I vegged out to "Will and Grace", played with the puppy outside, read in the sunshine (when the fever wasn't there) and got some Chicken Noodle soup and mashed potatoes from KFC. YUM! I took a nap and finally got into my pajamas. Because I still have had a fever on and off, I decided it wasn't smart to go teach Sunday School tomorrow. So, MAYBE I'll be able to sleep in! We will see when the hubby gets home from the game and if I can fall back asleep after he crawls into bed!

I hope you are having a beautiful and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog look. I really love all things pink and red. HA!
    And yes, shopping for twins is quite fun. But it can be difficult to find 2 of the same items, and expensive.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no- I'm sorry you got so sick! But I hope Chris had fun at the EXCITING game, and maybe he brought something from Panera home for you? Also, glad you liked UP- I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete