My last week has been consumed with school finishing and packing up my classroom, therefore . . .there have not been free moments when I have had the energy to write a new post. SORRY!!!
Let's see what is new since the last post:
1. I got my new car! We picked up my Black 2009 Dodge Journey on the 10th and I LOVE it! It has a ton of storage and we already put the extra seats and storage to use several times this past weekend.
2. School is out! My last day with kids was the 11th and we planned on a nice, maybe even bordering on HOT sunny day full of fun outside activities. Everything went according to plans except the weather. I think it was in the mid-60s and a little chilly but the kids still had a fun time. We just moved the Popsicles inside at the end of the day.
3. I get my wonderful Paras back next year! We never know if our paras will be able to stay in the same room but both of them do. I am SO happy because we make a Great team!
4. We went to the Farmer's Market this past weekend. YUMMMMM! I was able to pick up:
cherries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, spinach, asparagus, chedder bread, sour cream cookies, and chocolate chip banana nut cookies. I also got some wonderful home-made lipgloss in Mango and Tangerine. LOVE THEM! Everything is so tasty and I can't wait to cook the Asparagus tonight!
5. We planned a camping trip for a few weekends from now with our best friends, B and Kate. We are going up to one of the Petoskey State Parks for a weekend . . . and are currently trying to decide if we should take Sparty. I think we might practice camp in the backyard for a night or two to see how he does, and go from there.
6. My room is packed up!
7. Medicaid paperwork is done!
8. Folders and portfolios are turned in!
9. Now I can relax a bit and pick out fun things to order for next year . . .
10. The summer is going to be full of exciting things :) Can't wait to share what's going on with all of you throughout it all!!!
Erin, I love your blog!!! It is so cute :) Can't wait for camping (I am SO excited!), and hopefully Sparty can join us too!
ReplyDeleteYay- love the update! Congrats on the new car and sounds like you had a blast at the farmer's market! Also, congrats on being done for the summer... let the FUN begin!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new car. How exciting.
ReplyDeleteFor the signing. I have taught myself everything.
We are also enrolled in a program through Childrens called "Family Conversations". They come to our house once a week for "signing therapy", although its mostly for conversational/questions rather than actually learning sign.
We use a book called Signing Exact English (SEE).
We chose to teach Grace & Faith SEE sign rather than ASL right now to order to prepare them (mainly Faith) to read.
This book is amazing. It has nearly every word.
http://www.amazon.com/Signing-Exact-English-Ester-Zawolkow/dp/0916708268
Here is the link where we bought ours from Amazon. They have a smaller spiral bound one, we keep that in our diaper bag for on the go.
And they also have a big one we keep at home.
Let me just say how sweet you are to work with children in ECDD. As this is so dear to my heart.
Have fun camping.