Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2nd Trimester!!!!


14 Weeks - Belly shot

What Fruit/Veggie is the baby the size of this week? "The Bump" says we have a lemon :) I decided to add this question and will attach the photo each time I do it, just because it is clever!

How far along? 14 weeks . . .2nd Trimester!!!!!

Total weight gain/loss: Still about 3-4 pounds

Maternity clothes?: I love them still. I used my Be Bands (Bella Band from Target) for a while, and still could but they kinda move around and drive me nuts. Not that maternity pants really stay put a whole lot either. Oh well, they are oh-so-comfortable!

Sleep: Still loving naps, and have taken a few this week. I seem to want to go to sleep much earlier, which is just fine, and probably a good thing since I have to start getting used to getting up earlier kind of soon.

Best moment this week: My hubby kissing the baby belly :) I love it!

Movement: Still hard to tell if it is actual flutters or gas bubbles. Ha ha!

Food cravings: Brownies from GFS. I bought a HUGE tray (okay so that is the only way they sell them- think sheet cake size). They are super fudge-like, and delish. I saved a few in the fridge (to share of course) and froze a TON of them to enjoy later on :)

Gender: about 6 more weeks (unless our actual ultrasound gets scheduled before 20 weeks) before we can find out

Labor Signs: No, I just can tell the baby is stretching out in my belly

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: knowing what kind of things I want to eat or buy for the baby. I have NEVER been so indecisive. I drive myself nuts . . .infant carrier or convertible car seat . . . bumper or no bumper, what sounds good to eat, Peg stroller or Maclaren or something else. I swear before we were actually pregnant I probably could have had it all picked out in about 1 day tops. But now I just don't know! Good thing I have a few months to make up my mind :)

What I am looking forward to: feeling the baby move around, and hopefully no more morning sickness . . . it is not my favorite thing (but I know the baby is still growing when I do get it)

Weekly Wisdom: don't allow your cat to get mats in her hair . . .poor Bella. I had to cut some HUGE ones out on her back. I think the dogs have stressed them out . . . so more advice take offers to send them on "vacation" to grandma and grandpa's house. They are having MUCH more fun!

Milestones: out of the 1st Tri and into the 2nd! Yay!!!

What else is new at our house?
Well, my SIL's baby shower is next weekend (the 22nd) and we've been finishing up projects for that. Only two little projects left and I think just 2 items left to wrap.

As I mentioned above, the cat chidren have gone on a vacation for a few weeks to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They weren't getting a chance to move around much with 2 dogs lounging around so they weren't cleaning their excessive hair . . . and like I said matted cat hair (yes even short haired cats can get them) is not fun to get out. Poor Bella is kind of bald looking on her back, but they are LOVING some time away and extra attention.

We decided that our guest room will be the nursery. I couldn't decide between that or the office (the office has 2 windows vs 1) but I was reading that too hot of a room and increase the risk for SIDS, so it made the decision easy. I want to put wainscoting/beadboard up (white) around the bottom half of the wall, just because I love the look of the white. Should it be about 1/2 the wall or just past the crib height? I am kind of leaning with the taller version, but it may be really easy to decide once I see what the store has available.

What have I been doing with my summer off?
Well, one of the perks of being a teacher is I have the option to take my summer off from work. I am SO thankful I did because of some morning sickness and general lack of energy. So I have been spending my time reading a lot, and doing research (aka. making my head spin) trying to pick out baby things. I got this AMAZING book from a wonderful relative called "Baby Bargains". They go through a bunch of things you need/don't need, review brands and products, etc. It is helping me know what things are not important to have and what kind of things are essential. But without really knowing our baby and his/her preferences of certain things (such as carriers/slings) it is making it hard to decide what we should get/register for. So, moms out there, any advice you have is fabulous!!!

We finally saw the new Harry Potter (The Half Blood Prince) and it was good. I have been reading the books this summer, just finished number 5 last week. They are written so well, and the movies are great. I never thought I would get into them, but I love them! Yes, I will also blame it on pregnancy hormones that during a certain point of the most recent movie I ALMOST cried when a certain character died. Ugh . . .now I have to read that book to see how they make it all come about. I have now taken a break from HP and am reading a Jodi Picoult book called "Change of Heart". I love her novels and have a feeling this will be a tearful read, much like "My Sister's Keeper".

What should I be doing this summer?
Well my BIG plan for the summer was to organize the basement (mind you I DO still have time left). It is a huge task and I really just haven't had the desire or energy to take it on. I have about 10+ boxes and bags of things to donate and I am sure many more to add to that. I know when/if it gets done that will take the most time, doing inventory so we can put it on our taxes. But then there comes the issue of not being able to lift heavy things, and some of the boxes are full of things like books and whatever else you store in the basement that is heavy.

Exercise . . . I need it, the baby needs it. I took the dogs on a walk today. Otherwise, exercise has been more like walking around the mall, or in cute little towns where I can be distracted by cute little shops and not know that I am actually working out.

Going into my classroom to get things organized and ready for kiddos. Well, I've written my "back to school" letter, ordered supplies, and mapped out a new layout, not to mention we already picked themes/studies for the year back in June. So, I decided next week is THE week to start going in to do things. We bought a new fridge for the room, with lots more space in the fridge part and the freezer part . . .totally necessary because we have snack, and well seeing that I am preggers I will likely want to try to take some more healthy snacks to keep at school. I can't wait to see the kids, and meet new kids, but I am SO loving my summer vacation. And I'm stressing about the unknowns of pregnancy (mind you I KNOW God has it in control and all planned out and I just have to remind myself of this daily/hourly/maybe more than that) and teaching. I know for a fact, that this year should be so much easier to start because I have already been through it once, and I have the BEST para-pros out there so together it will be an awesome year.

Anything to look forward to????
Katie and I are going to Cleveland this weekend. She's shooting a wedding, I'm going to help where I can, and otherwise we are going to enjoy yummy food, shopping, and time together. I will note that I am NOT looking forward to her and her hubby's move to Texas all too soon. But I am looking forward to visiting them as much as we can in a slightly warmer climate.

Kel's baby shower!!! I can't wait to share pictures of the day, we've been having a TON of fun putting things together and know she will love it. Baby Cael is so loved already!

Doctor appointment next Wednesday (15 weeks), and scheduling our next one and THE ultrasound. Praying our little one will share what he/she is. Any guesses? I really just am loving bring pregnant, seeing my baby belly change, and look forward to all the movements, kicks in my ribs, and of course the much awaited arrival of our little one some time in the early parts of next year.

That is all for now, because I have rambled your ears/eyes off. Sorry, that's what happens when I am lazy and only post once in the past week!!!


4 comments:

  1. Yes- chocolate mousse mice are YUMMY- someday you'll have to visit and try one. As for the clipboards, I have them for art projects (at $1 each, I couldn't say no).

    Love the update on baby Rey- so exciting! I know you're going to do a great job on Kelly's shower- I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! Have fun in Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures each week with the size comparison. So clever and fun! Have fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...you're too cute with that baby bump.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey that is pretty cool that we are only a week apart! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete