Tuesday, August 18, 2009

All the little chicks with the crimson lips yell . . .

You guessed it! I was in Cleveland this past weekend with my friend Katie. She was shooting a wedding and I was helping out in any way I could. Here is a little bit of what we did . . .

Saturday, August 15th -

We drove down to Cleveland.

We stopped at the new Sonic about 30 minutes from our house . . . and I am in love! Cherry Limeade . . . not to mention yummy food. But the best thing, they use crushed ice in all their beverages (unless you get a milkshake). Yum!!!

We got on the Ohio Turnpike.

We stopped at a "service center" at least once, and I am SO jealous with how nice they are compared to most Michigan "rest stops". I mean, hello?!? Why have we never thought of putting a Panera or Einstein Bros Bagels at our rest areas. Not to mention have them flanking both sides of the road, because it never fails that once you see a rest area on your side of the road you never have to use it. But the moment you see one on the other side you have to go. Take a few tips Michigan . . . I would even pay toll fees to have you do this!

We made it to Cleveland!

We stopped at the photography studio where the reception and wedding would be so see the layout so Katie could get inspired for the day.

We drove around to find a yummy place for dinner. Dewey's Pizza just north of Cleveland. I got their Southwest BBQ Chicken pizza . . . it was SOOOOOOOO tasty!

As we walked down the street to grab something from a drug store, we noticed the parking meters were extra special. No, not painted. Someone make little cozies for each of the poles. They were bright colored, woven cozies . . . such an artsy place!

On our way to find somewhere to eat dinner, we spotted a place that had Gelatto. So of course, after dinner we stopped and had some chocolate gelatto. YUMMMMMMMM!

Then we drove around Downtown Cleveland for a bit, and tried to find somewhere fun to shop. We didn't have much luck, so we drove a bit north to North Olmstead and found a mall. We got a few new items at a MAC counter :)

We decided we had enough fun for one night and made our way to the hotel to check-in. We checked in with the hubbies and slept really well.

Sunday, August 16th -

We got up around 6 ish.

Got ready.

Ate breakfast around 7:45.

Left for the Studio just after 8:15

Started taking pictures about 9:00 (well Katie did, I just assisted and helped try to think of fun places to shoot/shots to take).

The beautiful bride and groom saw one another around 12:30.

The wedding was at 2:00.

We took more pictures until just after 7:00.

We drove to Downtown Cleveland to take pictures outside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, by the water. These were my favorites of the day :)

We dropped the Bride and Groom off and headed back to the hotel in search of ice cream.

We decided to go to Red Robin for Chocolate shakes and malts, fries and their yummy torilla soup.

We headed back to the hotel, check up with the guys, and crashed!!!! It felt SO good to not move for a bit!

Monday, August 17th -

Happy birthday to Katie!

We woke up around . . .I don't remember now, but it wasn't too early, and wasn't too late.

Ate breakfast.

We packed up, and headed for home.

We got on the Turnpike, and of course stopped one more time at a fabulous service area.

We made it back into Michigan!

We stopped in Canton visiting:
1. IKEA
2. Panera
3. Buy Buy Baby (where I am about 85% sure we found the stroller I think we will end up getting.)

We drove about 20 more minutes and stopped in Novi, at Twelve Oaks Mall. We went to:
1. Another MAC counter, because of course Katie needed some birthday surprises :)
2. Ann Taylor Loft
3. Sephora
4. J. Crew

We then headed home, arriving about 8:30 pm.

My poor puppy wasn't feeling well, but was so excited to have his mommy home.

I was awake/asleep most of last night because the pup was restless (because of course I let him sleep in our bed because he wasn't feeling well)

Tuesday, August 18th -

The pup woke up and after a LOT of coaxing to get out of his cage (finally his mom lured him out while brushing my teeth) he finally ate breakfast and didn't get sick. He even enjoyed some ice cubes and a little Kong ball treat of peanut butter

My hubby left for work and Sparty is now crashed next to me, sleeping like a baby :)


BUSY, but really fun weekend! Katie is so talented, and fun to spend time with. I really am dreading her moving in less than 2 weeks now. He hubby left on Sunday to head down and made it there yesterday (mind you he about drove into a tornado too!!!!!!!!!) We know God has great things instore for them in Texas but will really miss them a LOT!

Things coming this week . . .

Girls night tonight :)

Doctor appointment tomorrow and a whole day with my hubby :) Maybe doing a little baby shopping/registering/looking.

Hair appointment Thursday :)

And somewhere in there, going into the classroom to get things moving a bit!!!!!!! :/

Kelly's baby shower on Saturday! :) Just a few last things to do before then!


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by, and sorry for the lack of photos!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love Twelve Oaks? Before we moved, we lived about 10 minutes away. I miss that mall!!!

    ReplyDelete