Monday, September 14, 2009

The crib has arrived!

I got home today and asked my hubby, "So, is it here?" He kinda gave me a smirk and said, "I don't know." (meaning it was). So we ate dinner and put the crib together in about 30 minutes no problems what-so-ever!

It looks awesome! I love the white! I love that it is on wheels! I love that Little Mister will be sleeping in it in a few months! I added a few pictures to the album, so check it out!

Little Mister's Nursery


I love how the curtains turned out, we finished them yesterday :) They are special because they were made just for him! I love the fabrics, and the details up close . . . and I love getting things ready for Little Mister!

It was back to school for the week! Today felt good, and the note from the sub Friday wasn't too bad . . . which really isn't bad for the 4th day of school! The kids really had a good day overall. Learning their needs and moods all over again is an ever evolving task, but one I enjoy taking on each day. The rest of the week will be better once a few meetings are done. It is hard to be out of my room, but necessary to serve my kiddos in the best ways possible.

I don't know if I ever mentioned why I called my blog "It takes a special kind . . ." Well it is because my Grandpa always says that to me, how it takes a special kind of person to do my job. I really don't feel special, but I know that I am using the gifts that God gave me in the exactly right ways that I need to. I have a lot of patience, lots of energy (most days) and can maintain a calm voice around my kids about 98% of the time. This is NOT to say that I don't have my I-want-to-pull-out-my-hair moments, but they are probably less than if other people worked in my shoes for a day. I just feel very fortunate to have my dream job, and to be able to have God use me in the ways that I know he means to. I love the challenges that not only the kids bring but their families (some more days than others), and that my kids can be grumpy one minute but forget about it two minutes later and say, "I love you Mrs. Rey!"

I hope you are having a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Cute crib! We just put ours up the other night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I love how the nursey is turning out. Everything looks absolutely fabulous, as I knew it would. I love how the curtains turned out, I will need your help when John and I finally start popping out babies. Also the crib is perfect, it looks great and I'm so excited to see what's next! So what is the next step in the nursery building process?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the curtains - those fabrics are so cute!

    and the crib is perfect too!

    and your right, it does take a special kind of person to do that job... i know because i spent almost 2 years working with children with autism and some of that time was spent in preschool classrooms that were developmental delay classrooms. you are awesome and a special person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the room so far. The colors are great and I am sure your little mister will feel right at home when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking good (not that I thought it wouldn't look anything less than superb)!!! I can't wait to see when it's all finished! And you are such a special person and the most patient person I have ever met - your students are lucky to have you and Little Mister will be too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ;) I just found your blog and I'm enjoying it! I am an elementary school art teacher and work with ALLLLL sorts of different kiddos (900 of them to be exact!)...and I'll be following your blog now. Ps: congrats on your little dude! love that ;)

    ReplyDelete