Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh what treasures will I find???

I have found myself at various points of my life thinking about candy and sweets, but I don't think I have ever actually craved something until the other night (rather Little Mister was craving it right?)

I really wanted four things:

1) Poppy Seed Cake


2) Cupcakes


3) Gummy coke bottles


4) Hershey bar


Of course the ONLY of which we had was the "fun size" Hershey bar. I don't know what is so "fun" about a total tease to your taste buds . . .oh well! My hubby says, "what do we need to go out and get?" It was already about 9:00pm (I know shocking I was still awake) and I didn't see the use in going out to get anything. I just savored every little inch of that mini-chocolate bar.

I have been trying to be good and snack on things that Little Mister needs, like apples and veggies, but honestly the kid will probably come out grilled cheese-mashed potatoes-french fries- peanut butter toast-cheez-its-apple cider-nacho shaped. I guess that is why they make you take prenatals right ;)

So, I was craving chocolate once again, and I go to our candy stash and my jaw drops.

"Honey? Is this really all the candy we have left?" I really have only been craving the Hershey bars and not snacking on a whole lot else, but SOMEONE (yes maybe the man-of-my-dreams, love-of-my-life, father-of-my-child) has been eating the candy and there isn't a whole lot left. So he says,

"Well, it's a good thing tomorrow is that day after Halloween because we can stock up!"

Oh what treasures will I find on super sale tomorrow? :)

AND . . .I get to go to Panera today! We are picking up my nephew's crib (which finally decided to come in) and getting a few things for a very special baby shower next weekend (one of my best friend's since 2nd grade), so of course we HAVE to stop at Panera on the trip :)

My husband will be avoiding the doorbell and hiding out at his buddies house in the basement watching the State game . . .hopefully at least hiding out with the dog so if someone tries to stop at the house he doesn't go crazy from the thought of who might be coming to play with him - Sparty not the hubs . . .(remember the candy is almost gone and the hubs isn't a big fan of trick-or-treaters). I know next year we will have Little Mister to dress up and show off to a few family members and friends . . .he'll be about 8 months by then! WOAH! I can't wait to see what cute costumes they'll have on sale shortly and pick something (or a few somethings because you can pretty much only guess on size) for him to wear next year. I already have some ideas if I can't find anything :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! We're due one day apart! YAY! We just got our halloween candy, and I've already had 4 laffy taffys and 2 mini butterfingers today! YIKES! I hope we have lots of kids come to the door so it will be out of the house. And, for the record, I did get my ice cream last night...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! I'm like you when it comes to cravings- and I'm not even pregnant!!!! Panera's amazing though. Cinnamon crunch bagels and hazelnut cream cheese is AMAZING. Hope y'all had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gummy coke bottles?!? So random! I rarely had cravings, but when I did...LOOK OUT! Hope you got stocked up on clearance Halloween candy. :)

    ReplyDelete