How far along? 25 weeks - carrying really low . . . we will see if he ever pops up there, otherwise I don't know how much more he can "drop" closer to delivery!
Total weight gain/loss: 16 pounds, little man had a growth spurt!
Maternity clothes?: Love them, but wish I could wear more of my old shirts without having the belly showing
Sleep: Sleeping really well, unless Little Mister wakes me up early wiggling all around, or is bouncing on my bladder
Best moment this week: Still feeling little man move around, and seeing my belly pop more and more
Movement: Wiggling and kicking all the time, morning, noon, and night
Food cravings: Loving Hershey bars, and limiting myself to the little fun size ones, but I have always loved candy :)
Gender: Mister
Labor Signs: Realized I've been having maybe 1-2 Braxton Hicks contractions a day, which is "normal" from about 20 weeks on, and some people feel them earlier. My body is starting to practice for the little man to arrive, just hopefully it is only 1-2 a day and nothing more for a long time.
Belly Button in or out? Innie but I can make it pop out which is kind of entertaining
What I miss: Having clear skin and no pregnancy acne. Not awful but think your monthly hormonal burst of a zit or two but then about 3-4 more pop up all in the same area and last for about a week, "go away" for a bout a week then show back up. I told Little Mister he better be nice to his momma or he is likely going to have the same problem when he gets older.
I am really loving being pregnant but it is hard to adjust to all the appointments and time off from work, especially when they cancel your appointment and you take a day off to get a few more things done. I LOVE mental health days but would LOVE to be using them after Little Mister is born to snuggle with him than taking them now.
What I am looking forward to: Our OB appointment NEXT week, and starting our childbirth classes too!
Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes life throws you lemons, so make lemonade! (I will admit it is hard to take that when all you want to do is hear your little one's heartbeat at an appointment and it gets rescheduled . . .promise that is my last whine about it)
Milestones: Little Mister is about the length of an eggplant!

The Bump says this about weeks 25-28:
"Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes."
No nephew yet (as far as I know) but hopefully he'll be around later today. (Update as I type: My mom just called and they are having a C-section, no other details to share!!!) Say a little prayer for healthy mom and baby!
We'll have to wait until he comes home to visit because the hospital is only allowing parents and grandparents of the baby to be at the hospital . . . as much as I LOVE all our family and friends I kind of hope this is the same policy when we give birth too. Call me selfish or concerned about germs, but I really want some quality bonding time alone as a new family to be with our little man and get to learn more about him. I promise to share him a little more once he's at home with us.
Grandpa is still in the hospital, not really sure what is going on still. They were running a few more tests to make sure certain infections aren't present, or if they are, figure out how to treat them. Keep praying for that too please :)
That is all for now! I hope you all have a good day!
You look great! Im 25 weeks tomorrow and I wish I had only gained 16 lbs!
ReplyDeleteYou look fab! I feel like my booty has just turned into a pumpkin...and not the good horse and carriage kind...the HUGE gigantic kind!
ReplyDeleteYou look so amazing for 25 weeks. I broke out around my "T" zone as well. Now anytime I get a pimple I pray "please Lord, let me be pregnant". Sad, but so true.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your Grandpa, Sister and Brother, hope that baby come soon.
And praying you all have peace and answers regarding his health.
You look so beautiful!! I'm so excited for Baby Cael- now I can't wait for Little Mister! :)
ReplyDelete