Wednesday, November 4, 2009

26 weeks!!!


How far along? 26 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: 20 . . . holy cow he is growing like a weed lately :) (Can I just mention I hate how off the OB scale is too . . .like 3 pounds, plus the weight of clothing . . . talk about making a pregnant woman feel like a cow! But I am curious and check about every 2-3 days at home anyways . . . so I feel that is more accurate)
Bold
Maternity clothes?: Liking them this week, doing my hair curly helps me feel a little fancier, and not so blah too!

Sleep: Since the time change last weekend, someone had to adjust to the time change also. He typically would wake me up at about 5:30 for a bathroom break, and I typically could fall asleep until my alarm went off around 6:00-6:15, but since "falling back" Little mister liked to wake me up around 4:30 for a few days there. I know he's just getting me ready for middle of the night feedings and snuggles sessions :)

Best moment this week: Hearing the Wee One's heartbeat, and hearing he is growing perfectly! It was really fun to start our birthing class too! We watched a video, talked about signs and stages of labor and got to practice some different relaxation/breathing techniques. It was fun couple time!

Movement: He loves to dance for me!

Food cravings: Poppy Seed Cake (maybe I'll make one this weekend)

Gender: A bouncing baby boy

Labor Signs: No BH contractions this week, and no signs of labor, but I got that packet of information of "what to look for" for Pre-term labor . . . when to call the doctor/go to the hospital, etc. Hopefully he keeps cooking for longer!

Belly Button in or out? Pretty much flat on the bottom, and only a little innie left at the top. I wonder if it will become and outtie or just disappear . . .hmmmm

What I miss: being able to sit on my feet without my legs falling asleep, putting my socks/shoes on without a struggle, getting off the couch without a fight, you know all those physical things that come along with a little one growing inside :)

What I am looking forward to: Our next class (we have 3 more, the next three Tuesday evenings), Marn's baby shower, snuggling with my nephew tomorrow night, and seeing how our little guy has grown on the 24th :)

Weekly Wisdom: Take advantage of massages whenever they are offered!

Milestones: Into double digits, Little Mister is due in 98 days!!!!

I got the paperwork to get my glucose test done . . .next week I'll go get that done. So, think of me when I have to drink the orange drink that I've heard pretty much no one likes, and that the test results come back GD (gestational diabetes) free!

My preschoolers have been good, then naughty, then good, and all kinds of loud, but goodness I love those smiles and hugs and good moments! :)

My grandpa is back in the hospital so say a little prayer for him.

My grandma had a successful hip surgery so praises for that and prayers for a speedy recovery.

And my nephew is healthy and growing (we can't wait to snuggle him for a few hours tomorrow night . . . and hopefully steal a few pictures to share his cuteness with you guys too.

And I LOVE that one of the cats is snuggling with me and the pup is snuggling with his dad, all on the same couch (man we are bad for letting the animals on everything . . .but they are SO snuggly)

I hope you all are having a GREAT week!

4 comments:

  1. You look great! The baby looks like he's really been growing over the past few weeks... so fun! You know what's so funny... I haven't had any BH contractions this week either. Crazy! Don't worry about the drink, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected (but don't get me wrong it's not good either). We'll keep sending Grandpa and Grandma our love and prayers. Enjoy your time with Cael tomorrow. We can't wait to see more pictures! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy can I relate to your "What I miss" list!! :-) The orange drink isn't too bad...hopefully it will be cold for you, I think that probably made it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curly hair is so pretty! Glad things are still going well- have fun with Cael!

    ReplyDelete