Wednesday, February 10, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things . . .

Today is my "Due Date", yet here I am, updating my blog with my precious 2 week old (seriously already!) snuggled in his sling snoozing away like a big guy. It is amazing to think that Parker came into our lives two weeks ago, after a lot of waiting, and a long 27+ hours of labor. But Buddy, you are SO worth it!


Here are a few of my new mommy favorites. These are my personal favorites, and Parker's preferences too . . .


Boppy pillow - it's great for feeding, and Parker loves lounging/sleeping on his. I would recommend at least having 2 slipcovers for it because we know how messy babies are :)



Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets - They are nice, perfectly square, light weight swaddle blankets, and we LOVE them! We found a pack of 4 at Buy Buy Baby.





Cloth diapers - we use these for everything, drool, spit up, to cover the changing pad (because our little man likes to make a mess when he gets his diaper changed at least once a day!). They are cheap, and absorbentMedela Nipple Shield - my little guy latches on hard and this saves me!




Nuby Pacifiers - we chose these pacis and Parker likes them. They help him fall asleep or calm down when he really needs it. I am not a big fan of pacifiers but I know kids need strong Oral Motor skills to develop their speech and fill their oral motor sensory needs.



Medela Pump in Style - When my milk came in, and every day since then, this is a huge saving grace! We have the "shoulder bag" model (shown below) and it comes with everything shown. And my insurance covered it (check that out if you are expecting!)


Munckin Jelly bean reversible sling - This is one I have currently and Parker LOVES being in it. Not only that but you can get some things done while keeping your peanut close :)


Fisher Price Lamb Swing - We love the multi-direction swing option, music, sound effects, multi speed settings, mobile/fan . . . .Parker loves to sit in his swing, and often falls asleep within a minute of putting him in it.




Those are a few of our favorite things . . . and don't worry we've already sung the song too :)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin ;-)
    I LOVE the cloth diapers too. I used them for the same thing. all sorts of different messes. And now I use a few {I pulled a few out and packed the rest away for future children???) to dust with. They are perfect.

    Your little man is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that sling as my first one too. But, because Porter gained weight so fast I had a hard time squeezing him in and making it work for me while he was still small, and couldn't use it in the sitting up position. Does that make sense? That is why the Dr. Sears one is really nice because it adjusts. Porter is a little beef :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time just flies doesn't it?! We love the boppy and cloth diapers, too! I might have to check out that nipple shield. :-)

    ReplyDelete