Parker had his one month check-up yesterday, and he did great! He kind of flailed about when the nurse was weighing him, but didn't make a peep the rest of the appointment. What a champ! Well, we were making guesses with how big we thought he was the other day and before I tell you how big my boy is I have to share a funny story from my hubby. I'll preface this for his sake by telling you he hasn't had a whole lot of experience with babies or details of how they grow typically once they are born (that's my area of expertise). Here is approx. how our conversation went a few days ago.
"How big do you think Parker is now?" I asked Chris
He stretches out his thumb and pinky and measures about three lengths from Parker's head to feet . . ."I think about 27 inches"
I start cracking up. "27 inches huh? That is about the size of a 2 year old! I am thinking more along the lines of 21 or 22 inches."
"Oh," he says, "Well when we fished I would measure fish by using my hands, and he seems about the length of 3 of them."
"I don't think so honey!"
So funny! He's over the fact that I've shared the story with everyone I have seen between when we had that conversation and now. But here is how big my boy really is:
9lbs 4 oz
22 inches
and his head is now 14 inches (up 1/2 an inch!)
I can't believe it! I was guessing about 21.5 inches and 9lbs . . . so pretty close! He's in the 50th percentile for weight, and 75th for height. Our doctor said he is pretty impressed because most breastfeed babies gain about 1/2 an ounce a day, and he thinks he's gained about 1 oz a day. Well, the boy loves to eat!!!
And I seriously thought he was joking, but he assured me he wasn't; he also told me that I could give him a spoonful of yogurt a day to help build up his digestive tract with the probiotics that are found in yogurt. I'll be sure to get pictures of when I give it to him the first time . . .we'll see what he thinks! I am pretty sure he'll eat whatever I put into his mouth ;)
We've just been enjoying our time at home this week, minus a few outings. Parker is really starting to smile at a lot of things, mainly his momma which melts my heart big time! He's doing an awesome job holding up his head, turning it from side to side, looking at mom and dad . . . and seems to like tummy time a little more each day. It is just awesome to see him grow!
And I was looking through some awesome pictures my photographer friend Leslie took (she wanted to build her portfolio and offered to take pictures for us). Here are a few we love! Thanks Leslie! (Any ideas for a "Thank You" since she didn't let us pay her? I'd love any suggestions!) I can't believe how much Parker has grown!!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday!





Those pictures turned out perfect!! BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteHis pictures are adorable! Glad to hear he is growing perfectly!
ReplyDeleteYAY! He's so cute, can't wait to meet him! But for pete's sake, stop growing so much, we want to you stay small forever!
ReplyDelete