Parker had his 2 month well baby check on Tuesday, and yesterday he turned 10 weeks old. Time is going way too fast.
My boy is very healthy, and a little sad still from his shots :( I have never heard a cry like the one I heard come out of him when he got jabbed with those needles. I don't like the hurt cry one bit. I know the immunizations will help him, especially with all the germs I'll bring home from my job every day, but NOT FUN!
I am one proud momma, Parker is 12lbs 7oz (75th percentile), 24.25 inches (80th percentile) long, and his head grew another 1.25 inches! He is getting big so fast. Once again our doctor was very pleased, commented on how strong he is and how good his neck/head control is. I assured him we were only feeding him the boob juice still and he said that I should bottle it up and I could make a fortune selling it. Ha ha! All in all, the little man in getting bigger, stronger, longer and smarter!
Here is my sad note . . .I have to go into work tomorrow. Fridays are my easier day as I only HAVE to be there from 9-11 because we don't have kids, but I am really not ready to leave Parker. I get to see my preschoolers again on Monday and I am very excited but once again I am not ready to leave Parker. I knew this day would come too fast, and I knew I wouldn't want to leave him. But I need to work, I am fortunate to have a great job, great co-workers, and the option to have a job when so many people don't. But like I have said, and I'll say it again like a broken record, I am not ready for this :( I think I've cried about 4 times in the past week . . .okay adding about 4 times to that just from today. Maybe a little depressed, stressed about juggling work again with my little guy now too. . . but ready or not! I have to leave this sweet face :( Good thing God gives us strength when we need it . . because I am going to need a LOT come Monday!
He is THE sweetest ever!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you have to go back to work. I understand how much you appreciate that you still have a job, but the emotions that are arising from leaving your precious baby boy must be so much...
I will be praying for you.
I could not even imagine.
Ok I have been terrible at commenting lately but I HAVE been reading and religiously checking for more adorable pictures. Seriously... he is so stinkin' cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to go back to work... I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be!
What a little cutie pie he is! You enjoy your time with him and stay strong through work! You can do it Erin :)
ReplyDeleteErin -- He is so adorable. It was 30 years ago and I still remember leaving my son when I went back to work. But you will do great! And just think only 2 short months and it will be summer vacation. Love ya, Linda A.
ReplyDeleteI know that this last week was hard and the next will be even harder - we will be praying for you and I know that the Lord will give you the strength and energy to make it through! Love you :)
ReplyDelete