We left last Friday (the 26th) to head down to Texas . . .and yes, we drove. We ARE crazy but we made it and with a 2 month old in tow.
We drove from Michigan to Indiana, Indiana to Illinois, Illinois to Missouri, Missouri to Oklahoma, and finally Oklahoma to Texas. 20 hours in all - one stop over night in Eureka, MO (home of a Six flags in case anyone wants to stop). Parker pretty much held out to eat every 3 hours and was quick to get a diaper change at each stop . . . I think we only had to stop a few extra times for a change and stretch break. What a champ!


We got to Texas about 7:00 on Saturday evening, and ordered Chinese for dinner. We were so happy to see our friends and excited to spend a whole week with them.
I mentioned before, we stopped in Downtown Dallas on Sunday to visit the Farmer's Market. Still wish I could go every day to get fresh produce from the farms and orchards like they have for sale. Yummm!
Monday, Auntie Katie tried to get some cute pictures by her work place in Los Colinas (I'll have to check on the spelling cause that doesn't look right . . .part of Irving, TX) from Parker and of the fam . . . but P was due for a nap and it wasn't pretty. Poor little man . . .the strong winds, the lack of nap and parents who like to mess up a schedule made for a tricky photo shoot for Auntie Katie. We still managed to have fun and Katie got a few cute shots too :)
Tuesday we mainly hung out at home, but enjoyed a nice walk outside. P wore his shades for a bit.
Wednesday we went to South Lake shops and Central Market . . . can I say Container Store and bulk candy :) We shopped a bit more and left P with Katie's parents for the evening so we could go see Alice in Wonderland (3D) and enjoy a dinner out together. Trust me I missed him the whole time but I have to get used to it because I head back to work NEXT Monday . . .so soon!!!!
Okay . . . more to come and more pictures. For now I have to snuggle my little man! And make myself feel better about shots tomorrow :(
You spelled "Las Colinas" correctly :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you guys could come and visit - you are very brave new parents and P was such a trooper!!! :)