Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are you ready for this???

Friday was the big day . . . cereal day! So of course we captured the moments following . . . and well, you'll see how Parker felt about it :)


I'm ready for this Mom!

Okay . . . no I am not . . .this does not taste like my yogurt!!!

Again . . . I don't know if I want to open my mouth!


This bite is just as gross Mom!
Since the first tastes, Parker has learned to like cereal alright, but likes it more now with some veggies in it. We took the doctors recommendation and tried a leafy veggie first, broccoli and he hated . . . HATED it. Poor little guy was all excited to see that spoon coming and then just was a gagging on the green stuff. I think the texture was just bogus for him. So we decided that sweet potatoes would be the "first" veggie he would be eating. We'll try broccoli and spinach a little later . . .like maybe mixed with something he really likes. He made a face the first few bites of sweet potatoes but loves them now. I think we are going to alternate between veggies and fruits, so we are going to try apples or pears next. I figure for some of those gross or really bland things it will help to find a really yummy thing to go with it and slowly add less of the fruit or veggie he loves . . . we'll see how it all goes :)




3 comments:

  1. Did you give Parker rice cereal? Lucy HATED rice cereal, but she likes the oatmeal. She always makes a face at the first bite of everything, even though she's been on food for a month now. It's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made my day. He is so precious. My precious little cuddle bug. I love him so much! Tell him that Auntie Erin will be home soon and will bring him lots of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy have times changes...first was cereal, then FRUIT so I would mix some in the cereal & veggies were the LAST to be introduced...Silly Doctors! Plus we gave them cereal at bedtime so they would sleep longer at night! Times have changed but babies still need to eat! Love, Gram G

    ReplyDelete