Saturday, June 19, 2010

what's cooking in our kitchen . . .

Can you guess what I've been busy making for Parker lately???
I bet you know now!!!
Baby food! Today I made broccoli and next up is Peas!
I steamed about 2 cups of peas (I have used fresh from the Farmer's Market and make it REALLY easy sometimes and use the Steamers in the freezer section)
And Pulse to start then turn it on . . .

Check the consistency . . .
Add water until it is how you want it to be (we are making it pretty runny right now)
My favorite tools for making a little less of a mess and measuring cup and funnel . . .
Pour into the food trays (2 oz) or ice cube trays (1 oz and these ones have covers which I love)
Here's what you get!
Then freeze overnight, and I have been popping them out and packing multiple servings in freezer safe plastic bags and stocking up.

Here is about 1/2 of the foods we have made: Zucchini, Pears, Blueberries, Peas, Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, a few kinds of squash . . .and that's all I can recall.

But super easy, healthy for your little one and fun to do. I often have Parker right with me when we are making things, or prepare them while he naps. I just ordered a few containers from http://www.innobaby.com/ for storing his food once thawed. I got a few snack stackable containers up in Traverse City last summer at the cutest little baby boutique . . .
http://www.sweetpeatc.com/ A momma could go nuts in there :) But since we don't live all that close to TC I visited the company website and ordered some more storage containers!
So if you want to do something fun and have a blender, hand blender, baby food mill, or food processor make your munchkin something yummy to eat, or maybe some yummy purees for yourself ;)



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're prepared! Soon you'll have to share pictures of Parker when he's eating! I made a lot of Deegan's baby food too. His favorite food was avocados mixed with bananas although now he is in love with graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the food tutorial- and your pink processor is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete