Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butterfly house

One of our favorite places to go in the spring and summer is a place called Dow Gardens. It has lots of walking trails, lush gardens and foliage, sculptures, ponds, streams, a children's garden, and even a butterfly house. We used to go a lot when I was little, and always visited when my grandparents were in town too. Parker was only a few months old when we went to the Butterfly House last year, and slept through the whole thing. It was packed, going on a Saturday afternoon, but so fun. Parker loved watching the butterflies fly around, and seeing his Noni, Poppi and cousin Cael too. He tried grabbing a few, but none were harmed :)


It was a GORGEOUS Saturday. . . .warmed up to the low 60s :)


Hee Hee . . . I am going to see butterflies :)


Are there some up there?



I see some!!!!!

Taking a nectar break


checking out the chrysalis house


Monarch :)

I want to catch one on THIS finger cousin

Cael sees one up high

caught one so colorful and spring-y And of course we had to visit the bird cage :) See the bird Noni?!?

Fun times had by all, and then we had to get a little lunch where Parker was practicing his silverware skills. Getting pretty good :) Growing up little man!!!!

6 comments:

  1. LOL the photo of him laughing with his hand over his mouth is AMAZING. I love that that is his new little thing. It is ADORABLE. I mean seriously.. I have the cutest nephew in the entire world. Can't wait to see him again. Love you guys!

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my internship at Dow in college and I know they have so many awesome things! I can't wait to take Gabi to one too - it seems like a great thing to do with one year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute boys! Looks like a fun time! Thanks for sharing the great pictures. A. Gayl

    ReplyDelete
  4. "None were harmed." Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some GREAT pictures!!! I want to take Porter there, too.

    p.s. Parker is so cute!

    ReplyDelete