Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Balloon Festival Part I

This past weekend was the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival in town (sponsered by Remax). I remember a balloon coming to my elementary school to show us how the balloon went up and down.












Last year they started a special evening downtown where they light up all the burners (kind of an afterglow minus the balloons), and have several balloons overhead too (they were going to have one blown up and take off right from Main Street but it was a little too breezy that evening).

So we headed down, and Parker was just taking it all in. All the people, the kids, the sounds, the sights, the smells . . . .lots of fun.



You could really get close to the baskets and feel the heat from the burners.



Parker was just awe-struck by the burners (a little startled but not really scared of them).



It was a perfect fall-ish feeling evening to enjoy a little time downtown.




Stay tuned for Part II . . . and some really fun balloon shots :)




4 comments:

  1. He is so cute and Midland always has such wonderful events. Thanks for sharing the pictures! A. Gayl

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love hot air balloon fests. I have an award for you over on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! Midland is really great about having these family friendly events. Glad y'all can partake in them and create wonderful traditions together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the balloon shots. I have always wanted to ride in a balloon. Once I have researched the statistics on fatalities though. You can tell Parker is having fun!

    ReplyDelete