Monday, November 21, 2011

What we've been up to . . .







My hubs went back to work today (and he is very thankful for a short-holiday week!!!) and P is at daycare for the day. We have to pay for his spot while I'm home anyways and it is good for him to have a routine.


I am just catching up on blogs while staring at this handsome little man next to me. Hudson is such a sweet baby, not that he doesn't cry or demand attention and milk during all hours of the night, but he is so precious. He usually goes 2-3 hours at night between feedings and seems to be a pretty good napper so far. I'm soaking in all the newborn snuggles I can, and trying to let him sleep on his own once in a while too.


Parker has been a GREAT big brother! He can be found right next to us while Hudson gets a diaper change or you can hear him from across the house saying, "It's okay Hudson!!!" even if he isn't fussing. He is so sweet. He's missing mommy attention for sure but is mostly asking for it in the right way, "Nuggle me Mommy." He is often right by my side while nursing Hudson, and is just a big snuggler . . .love that little man. He's such a funny little guy!


Chris and I are adjusting to middle of the night wakings again, and a little toddler who sometimes demands attention in the middle of the night too. But really adjusting to our new roles as Mommy and Daddy to two sweet little boys pretty well. We're learning to juggle showers, meals, diapers, and playtime . . . .and not going too crazy :)


And pictures went well yesterday; Parker was pretty shy and "No, thank you" to a lot of requests for smiles, but I am pretty sure there were at least a few cute ones of him with at least one of us. I figure we might give him his own picture day for his 2nd birthday and try to bring lots of his favorite things. Hudson was wide awake after being stuffed full of milk even, so our amazing photographer used her baby whisperer skills and shushed him to sleep more than once, but captured some amazing picture I know :) Can't wait to share them soon!


And wish me luck, I'm picking up P from daycare today with Hudson in tow, praying I don't get a tantruming toddler on my hands when I go pick a cute little big brother up!

3 comments:

  1. Oh he is so sweet! I'm glad P is adjusting well. I'm worried about that too with my Elly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh this post just makes me even more excited to see you guys tomorrow! I just love little P man. He is just too sweet. Can't wait for some Hudson snuggles! Oh tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day for sure! Love you Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I see P in him but he us starting to look like himself. :) I can't wait to see your pictures and I'm so glas things are going so well!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete