I feel like I cannot keep on top of blogging so forgive the delay between posts!
I MAY be starting up a new blog, unless I can figure a way to increase my photo capacity....anyone? Or it might just be occasional photos. We'll see how it all goes. I don't want to stop blogging because I like having a place to connect with family and friends, meet new people, and really write stories about my family.
Anyways, we are here! Enjoying summer, potty training, playing, making messes, cleaning, cooking, playing some more, snuggling, and soaking up summertime.
Parker is now 2 1/2! How that happened, I cannot tell you! He is one spunky, sassy, funny, and creative little guy. Some of his favorites: reading, puzzles, coloring, being outdoors, jumping, snacks and cooking, playing with his buddies, and asking lots and lots of questions. He loves making everyone laugh and is a total ham, we'll see in a few years if I get calls from his teachers because he is a goofball ;) We struggle with wanting to do everything our own way sometimes, and having patience with a little brother who loves all your favorite things is hard sometimes. But Parker can make his little brother laugh like no one else can, and just brings him so much joy. I am pretty sure they will be besties!
Hudson, you are 8 1/2 months old! Far too close to your first birthday. You are very close to being a speed crawler, and you love to chase people around the house, especially Parker. You are loving pasta and chicken right now, and anything you can feed yourself, minus broccoli. You love making noises, like car noises and attempting to make monkey noises. You are a happy boy, but we are either at a new clingy stage or you are teething and a little more whiny than you ever have been. You have been falling asleep sitting up in your crib as of late, you silly little boy! You pull up onto your knees on just out everything, and will stand holding on to someone. You love to get in cupboards and tear magazines just like your big brother did (and in fact still loves to partake in the mess making with you ).
Life is good. We have lots to be thankful for! I'm trying to focus on being with the boys versus cleaning, cooking, picking up things, and some days it is easier than others. I find I struggle on the days when everyone seems extra needy, whiny to just sit and be there and patient and just love on them; those moments make me want me want to clean, organize and sometimes just sit away from the chaos for a minute. So thankful I have a God who is bigger than my stressors.
I have yet to do any planning for the upcoming school year, so you know what is on my agenda for the coming weeks, quiet minutes, and days where the boys are at daycare. The have been going once a week, minus last week because she was on vacation. P has been doing fine, but Hudson has been a stinker about taking naps for her . . . . praying once they are there routinely that he doesn't have any problems with that. This will be my 5th year teaching :) so I am getting the hang of what things don't work, what does, etc. If only I had all the time in the world or 2 sets of hands I could duplicate the cool ideas I see and pin. I struggle with the fact that I don't stay home with my boys, but know that I feel like a better mom because I work, it provides me with a balance I really need. I love my summer and vacations with my boys, and I always have people tell me that teaching is so hard, and it is but I think being a mom and staying home is far more admirable. I feel much more patient with my school kids than my own many days . . . .so for me working and having quality time during vacations, weekends and summer is the perfect balance.
Enough of my babbling . . . Still trying to catchup with you all, and will try to post more often. Good therapy :)
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Too much fun ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I use flickr to upload my pictures. create a free account, click the share button, pick the HTML code and a size you'd like {I use 640 size for my pics but my layout may be wider?} and add the HTML code directly into your blog post, where ever you want!
ReplyDeleteOnce you add the code click the top left hand button on your blogger page {while writing your post still}...click the button that says HTML, then the compose button again...voila :)
Hope that helps...let me know if you need more help!! :) been missing your updates!!
Thanks Jen! I was thinking about an online photo sharing thing:) perfect!!!!
ReplyDeleteErin Marie,
ReplyDeleteThis is what makes you a great mommy & a great teacher...you love BOTH your jobs ...just continue to do what you do, enjoy your summers..& your boys!.I would much rather you making memories with your boys that have a spick & span house anyday! They grow up way too fast so next thing you know they are off to college & you have missed it all! YOU are enjoying the MOMENT! Because you CARE is what makes you a great teacher..they kids are great to have you to teach them...Love to all, Grmma Sally
Oh I might have to try that flickr thing too. =)
ReplyDeleteThe boys are really starting to look different {from each other}. I mean, you can tell they are brothers, but Hudson has his own look for sure!!
ReplyDeleteParker does look like such a ham. So cute!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the running! It is very hard to get into a good routine with it, but I always feel so much better when I do. Props to you for pushing a jogging stroller...those look like they can be heavy and awkward sometimes!