Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birthday number Three

Parker Lee, you are three years old today. I remember that day you were born like it happened yesterday. I remember my water breaking at school the day before what would become your birthday. I remember counting those ten perfect fingers and toes, touching the furrowed brow you came out wearing and just kissing that soft little baby head at least 2 million times. I remember your first birthday, your second birthday and now here we are! Here are some things I want to remember about you right now:

- you are about 34 pounds and about 38 1/2-39 inches.
- you have been a big potty trained boy since this summer, you love getting to pick out your underwear each day.
- you finally are a big big boy about going to bed, you sometimes come out a few times before you settle in, but you are getting to be a good sleeper.
- you do the funniest thing at night before you fall asleep, many nights, you strip out of your Jammies and wrap up in your fuzzy blanket and fall asleep practically nude, such a boy already ;)
- you love your treasures and collections, squishy, glowy and tiny things are your favorite things in the world. You carry them around in the pumpkin Auntie Gayl made for you, or push them around in the shopping cart. You just love those things.
- you love love love books still, we have to read at least 3 before bed each night, if you can't get us to read more, some favorites are anything Eric Carle, Mercer Mayer's Little Critter books, and anything with lots of little details in the pictures.
- you are at the tattling stage when I ask how your day was at Ms. Vicky's, so I have to ask "no, how was your day today?" A few times before I find out, and usually you are a good boy ;) if you have a time out it is for very boy reasons, like wrestling or pushing etc.
- my favorite part of the day when I pick you up is your big hugs and how when we are talking on the way home you'll say, "I missed you, Momma". I missed you too buddy!
- I love how for a brief time you called Hershey kisses "smooches" and how you insist a hammer is called a "bammer". You are so articulate and clever when you share information with us, I am constantly amazed.
- you are a wonderful big brother, and you share pretty well....better all the time in fact. You let Hudson climb in your bed, and play with your toys and always make sure to smooch him before he goes to sleep. I love watching you boys be loving brothers.
- when you are scared, I just remind you ...." Who is bigger than your scary things?" And you know "God is, and He'll make me brave.......like Merida"

We love you so much buddy! Happy birthday!!!!
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. THREE....ubelievable...and so are you Mr. Parker!!Luv,
    GG Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday, Parker!! You are going to love being 3!

    ReplyDelete