Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thankful

I am trying to focus on the positive that is tomorrow.....and it is hard being spoiled with 2 weeks off ;)

I am blessed to have a job that I love, I get to go to work each day, with coworkers that I love working with, and I get to have the most fun. I get to teach 22 smiling (most of the time) little faces each day. I get to be a teacher, a mom, a potty trainer, a yoga instructor, a safety patrol, teach manners and encourage communication, and I get hugged all day long. Seriously! Remember how preschoolers have no personal space;) they tell me how they want their hair to look like mine, how pretty my makeup and jewelry is, how much they love the color pink, how their dog woke them up last night, and some of my kiddos don't talk much just yet, but those smiles! How they speak volumes!

I know my boys are in capable, loving hands each day. They eat healthy, are clean and cared for. They get to spend time with friends and learn new things, listen to stories and sing songs, and I know they get snuggled while I am away.

It isn't always easy teaching 2 1/2-6 year olds, often in the same class, but it takes my amazing team, my school family to make it work. We sing lots and lots of songs, work on sharing and taking turns, use sign language, pictures, visuals, and lots of language all day long to encourage our kids to grow. We work on how to greet our friends, how to recognize your name and learn our ABCs. We play a lot, but we learn so much in our play. We have meltdowns and tantrums, we work on calming down, using a break area, and getting a few extra squeezes to feel better.

Most important thing my school kids and my own boys know is how very loved they are. They are cared for above all else :) Isn't that what God wants us to show everyone! Be love each day, know we all fail at times, it is part of our fallen human nature, but always rise above and give love.

AND...........I'm going to need some extra caffeine tomorrow ;)

3 comments:

  1. This was great friend. Glad I checked your blog (which I haven't done in so long) before I headed off to bed. I too will need some extra caffeine tomorrow. So glad we have the best of both worlds. Thanks for reminding me why I love my job so much! Have a great week, counting down the days till summer:)
    Michelle G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin Marie,
    I hope The school, staff, kiddos, their parents realize what a great, caring, loving teacher you are and how lucky they are to have YOU there for them! Love watching the teacher & parent & adult you have become....Have a great week & have a Happy Day, much luv, Grmma Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Asher could be in your class! Hope you have a great day back!

    ReplyDelete