http://www.michigan.org/City/Default.aspx?city=G3432
You can also view the "Pure Michigan" videos and maybe convince yourself to book a trip to visit. You may be convinced simply because Tim Allen did the voice over for at least a few of them (maybe all), you know Tim the Toolman Taylor. There are so many gorgeous places. I have never lived in any other state but I love how we get all 4 seasons, and the summer gets hot hot sometimes, but is mostly mild because we are surrounded by so many Great Lakes - there are 5 of them.
http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/details.aspx?id=483&type=SPRK
By roughing it I do mean staying in a tent, with an air-mattress, cooking on the campfire (for at least one meal other than making s'mores), hiking and climbing sand dunes. For the dogs this will mean getting spoiled by lounging in their new Canine Campers, eating special treats like hotdogs, and getting to sniff a lot of new smells.
The boys have the idea that roughing it includes taking things such as - laptops and Wii up with us. I think they were joking about the Wii but seriously!
I am excited to scope out a fun place for lunch (maybe American Spoon Cafe . . yummmm!) and maybe finding a cute bakery to grab something for breakfast on Sunday morning.
But mostly, we are looking forward to some time with great friends. Especially because they will be moving WAY too far away too soon. They are headed for Dallas, Texas. We are selfishly hoping it takes them a little while to find jobs so we can keep them here longer. Kate's family is being relocated there, so they are looking for new job opportunities and we think it will be a great place to visit. Especially come the long winter months in Michigan.
I'll be sure we take lots of pictures to share :) Have a great day! I'm off to melt in the humidity at our church softball game.


Ooooh- sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead... can't wait to read all about it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post on my blog- love the ideas for using your Cricut for Kelly's shower! I haven't seen the baby cartridge, but I bet it's ADORABLE! If you need any help or projects made for Kelly's shower, please let me know!!
ReplyDeleteHey Erin!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Sue's blog... how fun! We have one as well. I hope you had fun on your trip, you were close to us!!