I feel like I need to post something because it has been over a week and I've been a slacker!
Let's see what is new . . .
Last Tuesday I got to go down to spend a few hours with Elle, and enjoy some shopping and Panera. I found these super cute vases at T.J. Maxx and have them displayed above my cabinets in the kitchen . . . I'll post pictures sometime soon!
Wednesday we had a date night with our buddies B and Kate. The girls (myself, Kate, and Leslie) decided to go see "My Sister's Keeper" and the boys (B and my hubby) saw "The Hangover". Okay, I new it would be a sob fest because I read the book, but mind you it was several years ago. I know the book was quite different from the movie, but SO good. I think I cried about 4 times . . .because it makes you think about being in that situation.
Thursday, my mom and I went to finalize the details for Kel's baby shower. It is going to be a blast. I also grabbed that last few items for her surprise . . . which I would mention and don't think she will even look at my blog but just in case I'll wait until after the shower on Aug 22nd to share the details :)
Friday I met up with Elle, her mom, and her future sister-in-law to try on bridesmaid dresses and have lunch together. We found one she liked . . .not sure if it is the dress we will end up getting but we have until next May to get it figured out! So excited that she finally found the man of her dreams.
Last weekend we had a great 4th spent with our wonderful families. We started out with a picnic in the park with my dad's side of the fam. My grandparents are wonderful, loving people who now live in a nursing home. My grandma is in the the later stages of Alzheimer's and has a hard time going anywhere outside of her room, so we had a picnic close by. She did great, was smiling and singing for most of the day. We brought the pup along because we knew my Gramps would LOVE to play with him for a bit. I think he thinks he is part dog sometimes :) We got to enjoy time with favorite family members, and eat some delicious food!
After that we headed to Chris' Aunt and Uncle's house for the annual Rey 4th party. We saw most of the family there, minus a few families, but seeing how my hubby's dad comes from a family of 8 kids that's not bad! The weather was just perfect, mid 70s and prime weather for the annual wiffleball tourney. I think in the end the kids and "adults" tied.
We ran home real quick to change and headed downtwon for the fireworks. It was packed, and reminded me of one more reason why Midland is so wonderful for families. Okay, minus the smoker next to us, it was a perfect end to the day!
Sunday, we worked in the Sunday School room, then went grocery shopping . . and it wasn't too crazy, thank you Lord for that break! Then we met up with my brother and sis-in-law at the golf course and the boys played 9 holes. Kel and I read Harry Potter. Okay . . .shock to all in the world . . I have never read any of the books. I love the movies, but decided to start reading the books, I read book one in a day, and am about 5/6 done with book #2. I love having time to read in the summer.
Monday, I made rice krispy treats, and read a bunch. Also played with the pup a bit . . . he love me being home all day long.
Tuesday, I got to meet up with a good friend from High School. I got to spend the afternoon with her and her two beautiful children. We got to eat lunch and just catch up. I have to tell you how thankful I am to have friends who I can not see every day (or even as often as I would like) and when we catch up it is like no time has lapsed between then and now. Mind you I know it has because she how has TWO cute kiddos and last time I saw her her oldest was about 8 months. So much fun!
Today, I got to meet up with one of my friends/roomates from college. She is so much fun to spend time with and has the most beautiful little girl. It was so much fun to do a little shopping, catch up, and have lunch together. Again, a friend I can catch up with in 2.5 seconds no matter how much actual time has lapsed.
That's about it . . . no pictures sorry! I need to charge the camera! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! I know I am so thankful for all the wonderful people God has put in my life :)
Oh my goodness- you have been SO busy- and quite the social butterfly! Thanks for the comment on my blog- yes, the hotdog eating contest was pretty icky... I kept having to look away from the screen when they would SHOVE the food down their throats! I hope you're doing well... can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
ReplyDeleteI almost forgot- hope your trip to Higgins is fun!!
ReplyDelete