Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Awesome deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started looking at strollers LONG before we were pregnant (MAYBE even before we were trying . . . but who is counting), and FINALLY (I think) we picked one out.

Remember last weekend when I said we stopped at Buy Buy Baby? Well I fell in love with two strollers. One was a more compact version of the other. So here is what happened on Sunday . . .

I was looking at things for our little one at Babies R Us online and found the BEST deal! The "fancier" version of the stroller I fell in love with was on MAJOR sale. like over $150 off!!!!! I couldn't justify spending more than $300 on a stroller and I am so far under the limit! And because I KNOW you all care as much about the stroller we chose as much as I do ;) Here it is:

We ordered the Brown/Stone color combo, and I think found a car seat to match (I know it doesn't have to but I am kinda cheesy like that. Because I am a nerd, and love details I thought I would share what the Baby Jogger site says about the stroller.

The City Classic is the original everyday stroller by Baby Jogger. With all-terrain capabilities and front wheel suspension, this stroller offers a smooth ride and durability you can depend on.


  • Patented Quick-Fold Technology - allows you to fold your stroller in one simple step(it has a strap in the seat that all you do is grab and it folds up . . . so easy!)
  • Swivel front wheel for precise maneuverability can lock into place for long distance strolling
  • 12" pneumatic quick-release wheel offer all-terrain capabilities
  • Padded seat reclines to a near flat position(for the sleeping baby)
  • Multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows and side ventilation panels(and it pretty much meets the car seat canopy when in use too)
  • Patented universal accessory mounting bracket – accessorize your stroller with ease(so we can put a car seat in it, a snack tray, a bumper bar, and you can even buy a bassinet for it!)
  • Adjustable handlebar to accommodate users of all heights
  • Front wheel suspension provides a smooth comfortable ride
  • Seat back storage compartment
  • Large under seat basket
  • Adjustable five-point safety harnesses with shoulder pads
  • Rear parking brake
  • Fold strap to keep stroller folded for transportation or storage
  • 75 lb. maximum weight capacity on stroller(let's hope our children never need to ride in a stroller until they are this heavy)
I couldn't believe the deal, and couldn't pass it up! It is supposed to arrive sometime this weekend or early next week so I can determine if it is THE stroller. But I am pretty sure we will love it. One less thing to think about before little Baby Rey gets here.

In other news . . . . .

~ 1 week from today, I have my first PD day for the school year
~ 1 week and 1 day from now we have our first work day
~ 1 week and a few days, we have a long Labor Day weekend
~ 2 weeks from today my preschoolers start
~ 2.5 weeks until our BIG ultrasound!!! (any predictions as to what we are having?)
~ 4.5 weeks until our next OB appointment

I went into my classroom and a lot more done.
~ My dad helped me pick up a new table (new to me) in exchange for 2 smaller tables
~ I got some bulletin boards done
~ My calendar/circle time area are done
~ Block/construction area has inspirational pictures/posters and basic layout complete
~ Dramatic play area has home and environment pictures/posters up and is pretty much set up, minus dress up clothing
~ Writing area is coming together (thanks to new IKEA table and storage bins)
~ Reading area is coming together (thanks to my new book display that came in)
~ My desk area is where it needs to be, we won't talk about how the file cabinets look inside (I got to the point at the end of the year where I just didn't want to be at school any more and I MAY have just put things away in them without any organizational plan in mind . . . who me?)
~ Break area is ready for kids who are feeling a little sleepy, grumpy and make bad choices (of course MY preschoolers never need to use this area at all . . .ha ha)
~ and cubby boxes and name cards are up

I still need to do a lot more, but it is starting to look more like a classroom, and I think I really am going to like the new layout, as there are less open "runways" for preschoolers to take off on. I promise to post new pictures as soon as I get the room pretty much set.

Oh, and I love opening new school supplies too! I ordered some new supplies at the beginning of August and got to take them into my classroom today. I can't wait to have the kids use the new painting supplies, and try out Yoga with them (I figure anything that gets them moving and can calm them a bit is a good thing).

I hope you are having a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Score on the stroller!! YAY! Good luck with the new school year! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love awesome deals especially on important things like strollers!!

    Can't wait to here how the appointment in 2.5 weeks goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun- the stroller looks great and sounds like you got SO much done in your room!!

    ReplyDelete