As of today there are. . .
164 days until our due date, Feb 10th, 2010!
116 sleeps until Christmas day!
89 days until Black Friday!
88 days until Thanksgiving day!
81 days until our 3rd Trimester (28 weeks)!
25 days until we are 20 weeks! Halfway through our pregnancy!
12 days until our BIG ultrasound!
8 days until the first day of school!
3 days until our first official "work day"!
2 days until our Opening Day/first PD day of the year!
I just felt like sharing a few numbers with you! And I promise I didn't count them all, only about the last 6 because they were much easier :)116 sleeps until Christmas day!
89 days until Black Friday!
88 days until Thanksgiving day!
81 days until our 3rd Trimester (28 weeks)!
25 days until we are 20 weeks! Halfway through our pregnancy!
12 days until our BIG ultrasound!
8 days until the first day of school!
3 days until our first official "work day"!
2 days until our Opening Day/first PD day of the year!
What did you do this weekend?
Friday, we just hung out because I was slightly heartbroken about Katie leaving. It was a total sob-fest! But she made it safely down to the Long Horn State at about 2 am Sunday morning. My hubby and I just snuggled up on the couch and watched Scrubs.
Saturday, we tackled the office and guest bedroom. We moved office things out (or around) and made it our guest bedroom. Our old guest room is going to be the nursery. We cleaned, a LOT! Now the nursery is a blank slate. I have been envisioning how I want it to look and initially thought I wanted white wainscoting/beadboard on the bottom half(ish) of the wall and the top would be painted a particular color. We decided to check out what Home Depot had in stock as far as paneling went, and ultimately decided that it would be a lot of white and not a lot of wall actually visible. So, because it is more cost effective and because I think it will look nice to have a pop of color, we are only going to paint. Then it was the paint dilema! We decided on a nice soft green, but the shade will be determined by the gender. Mainly because of the bedding.
Want to see what we are thinking of getting for each?
If it is a boy we are thinking this cute Turtle bedding . . .

You see why the green may have to vary a bit? The butterfly bedding is a yellow-ish/celery green and the turtle is much darker. We aren't going to completely match either but go somewhere close to each.
We are going to get a white crib and dresser, and a rocker (I think from IKEA, because it is really simple and can be used later on! We will just need to make a slipcover and arm cushions for it. And I would show a picture but I can't find it online at the moment)
We will get some type of curtains to match the room, not sure if we'll buy them or make them. Decisions :)
We picked up our cats from their mini-vacation. I don't know that they are totally thrilled to be around the pup again, but I know they'll adjust. Either way they will all have to adjust to a little baby crying. I try to prep them by watching "A Baby Story" and "Bringing Home Baby" and any other show/movie I can think where there may be crying babies. They seem totally unphased by it! I am sure it will be a bit different when it is actually in the house crying! And I am sure I'll have funny stories about the cats getting into the baby gear . . . just because they tend to get into things they shouldn't (like bread left on the counter, brownies, flowers, etc).
Then we just vegged out (again) and watched Hairspray :) And I may have eaten several mini-Twix bars throughout the day (it was totally the baby and not the mommy who wanted them . . .ha ha)
Today we taught Sunday School, took some things out to my classroom (snacks thanks to my mom), then went grocery shopping. Then we ate lunch, cleaned out the pantry, fridge and freezer and my hubby mowed the lawn while I started some laundry. The cats slept and ate a bit, the pup played (maybe squeaked his squeaky toy too many times . . . like OCD-ish) watched his dad mow, layed on the deck, ate, and finally wore himself out. My hubby also cleaned out two cupboards for baby things to start being stored (you know, all the cute bottles and bowls). We make a good team! And our house thanks us for the thorough cleaning over the last two days.
I hope you had a good weekend!

OOooh- love all the bedding options!!
ReplyDelete