Monday, August 31, 2009

One more day . . .

Today is the last day of my "summer vacation". Being a teacher, I am blessed to have the summer months off from school. Let me tell you it is fabulous! Not to mention it was wonderful being in my 1st trimester during my time OFF from school too.

It is the last day my puppy gets to be out of his kennel for a majority of the day. He is lucky that his dad comes home at lunch pretty much every day, and can let him stretch out and get some munchies too. We decided that he likely will have a LOT more energy when we get home, so we are planning on taking him ( as well as ourselves and this baby belly) on LONG walks as many nights of the week as we can.

It is the last day I get to "sleep in". By sleeping in I mean staying in my pajamas until I get ready for the day because I have never been too good at sleeping in. Although, I have been better at napping since I am busy growing this little one!

It is the last day I get to each lunch, in the summer, with my hubby before the school year starts. Mind you I do typically eat lunch with him on Fridays because I am lucky enough to only have to work a few hours in the morning.

It is the last day I can do whatever I want, minus the weekends (or this weekend, a nice LONG weekend). The last day I can sit and watch whatever on TV, read all day, and make "play dates" with friends.

Want to know the best part of this being a "last day" . . . it is the last day I before I start the school year when I'll become a mommy. Next year, it will be hard to go back for a completely different reason. Right now I can only imagine leaving that precious baby smell, baby dimples, and baby hair with someone other than my hubby or I. (side note: I wonder if our baby will have hair, seeing how I had hardly any until I was about 2?!?) We'll just remember to take it all in stride until then!

But really, I can't wait to see my co-workers, finish getting the room ready, and see my preschoolers. I can't wait to watch them explore the room (I am sure just like my dream, where my new classroom set up was so perfect that they were content working and playing all day without any squabbles . . . ha ha!). And I am sure I'll have funny stories to share too. Want to hear one from last year that still cracks me up?

During snack one day, one of my afternoon kids said:

"Okay everyone! Put your thumb on your forehead"

I proceed to ask,
"Well, why do you want us to do that?"

He says, "Cause I'm going to fart!"

To which I responded (while trying really hard not to laugh out loud and keep a straight face),
"That's not really something that we do or say at school."

"Oh, so it is something we can talk about at home then?"

"Sure, if your mom lets you."

And he left it at that!

I hope you are having a good Monday!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh dear!! =) Good luck with this new school year!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the beginning of school!!

    ReplyDelete