Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to work!

Today was a good way to ease into the school year. We had a PD day (professional development just in case you don't know teacher lingo), and it went pretty fast! We had lots of beginning of the year business to go over, and be updated on. I'm kind of excited about a few things:

1. Seeing my paras and meeting my new para. I think it is going to be a good year!

2. We have a new sub website to use, and it looks really nice. I think after the year gets going you can rate subs you've had, and pick which subs you prefer to be called first. Making my teacher life much easier!

3. We have a new training website! We can go online to do various required and desired trainings on our own time . . .how nice is that?

4. I have 17 kids (as of right now) meaning I can only get 2 more in my morning class, and 5 more in the afternoon until I am "full". I THINK my numbers will be going up a little more shortly too in the afternoon, which wouldn't break my heart because it is at the BEGINNING of the year vs the end of the year. I can have 12 kids in each session . . . so we are close to full which is such an amazing thing (especially considering last year I started out with 9 or 10 ish total!).

5. I have two days I am required to be in the classroom and accomplish various things before my students come. I will get extra time to organize and plan for the kids, and make things exactly how I want them to be! Excellent!

6. We only have kids on two Fridays of the year, the rest I get to plan, have the occasional PD day. I love having Friday for planning and prep!

I hope you are having a good day! I promise pictures tomorrow because:

A. We'll be 17 weeks :)
B. I have to take pictures of the classroom for planning purposes :)

Tonight we are off to dinner with some friends of ours. We are making chicken stir-fry, yummmm!!!
Oh and I have to share one fun thing we got for the puppy that he loves! It is a Kong treat ball, that you can put treats of food into and the dog has to roll it around to get the treats out. Tonight I put his dinner in it to keep him entertained. If you have a dog, I am sure they will love it!



Have a good evening!

2 comments:

  1. YA!! I totally knew the PD thing...two teachers in my family, I was shunned since I'm an accountant. LOL! Just kidding.

    AHEM...picture missy! :)

    ReplyDelete