![]() |
| Kelly's Baby Shower |
And it seems fitting that I add Katie's pictures today, because (taking a deep breath) it is her last day in Michigan. She is moving to Texas to start a new chapter in her life. It seems like she is just going on a trip and will be back soon, because I've known this wonderful girl since Middle School.
We've spent hours laughing, screaming at scary movies (and maybe her dad coming in to scare us a few times, as well as dead birds flying, well being flung at you!), baking, cooking, watching movies, doing facials, painting our nails, putting on makeup, getting to know one another's spouses, camping, lots of shopping, and of course just enjoying time together!
More importantly, we have grown up together with God surrounding our lives. We got to attend Young Life together, talk about Jesus, pray together and for one another, and just enjoy a friendship that God made so perfect.
I am torn between being so happy for their new adventures and so sad because one of my dearest friends is moving SO far away. I know we will talk all the time (because she butt-dials me all the time) and stay in touch, but I am really going to miss just calling her up to go grocery shopping, and doing all the normal little things together. I know we'll try to visit as often as we can, but it won't be as often as we'd like (unless someone wants to lend us their private jet?!?!).
All I can do is be a good friend and pray for her in the new adventure she is about to take on. I know jobs and living situations will work out, because God has it all in his hands and knows what he has in store for them.
Katie, I'll try really hard not to cry, but I know that won't happen (likely because I am about to writing this, and because I have raging momma hormones). Thanks for being a wonderful friend, and for sharing your love, kindness, patience, gentle spirit, spunk, and laughter with me over the years. Know that I'll be praying for you and B, and that we'll miss you probably as much as I know you'll miss us. Thanks for being you!

I'm sorry she's leaving, but TX is a warm place to visit when it's cold in MI! And her photos are great- thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh!!!! That is so sad, but I'm thanks for writing such a sweet post. You are such a wonderful and supportive friend, I don't know what I'll do without you! I will call often (and not just butt dialing, either!). I love you :)
ReplyDelete