Saturday, September 5, 2009

Crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer . . .

I got the e-mail from Babies R Us (well technically Toys R Us) that the stroller is (supposedly) back in stock. So I call a customer service rep and told my previous headache with their company a week or so ago. The lady was so nice, assured me it was in stock, price matched the price from before, AND gave me free shipping! The stroller is supposed to be here sometime between next weekend and middle of next week. I'm saying a little prayer and crossing my fingers too.

AND, because I love the internet, and a "friend" from What To Expects site mentioned something about Target having big sales on baby furniture, I popped over there to find that the crib I wanted was on sale too. Mind you not as great of a sale as the stroller was (honestly I know God was playing his hand on that one because he loves me that much), but it was a great deal. I wasn't going to spend $300 or even $1000 on a crib. I know we will use if for our babies then probably get rid of it (although it is a convertible crib so we could use it later on). It is white and just what we wanted . . . want to see it?


I will try to hold my true excitement until both items arrive. But I love that it has wheels because . . .frankly I like to have a clean house and we'll be able to move it away from the wall to clean under it :)

I promise I don't have shopping on the brain, but I do have this planning/organizing auto-pilot mode that goes on pretty much all the time (minus my 1st Trimester). So, when I see good deals on things we need for the baby I can't help myself. I just can't wait for our little one to get here so we can take him or her on walks, read stories together, put him or her to sleep in the crib . . . sigh!

Now . . . 6 days days until the ultrasound! Any guesses??? Team Manly? Team Frilly?

Here is a little update on life otherwise . . .

Thursday
I finished getting everything ready for my preschoolers. We went to our old high school's 1st home football game. It was a beautiful night for football, and we kind of creamed the other team. Like 41 to (something small or nothing . . . I don't completely recall). I never promised to be THAT big of a sports fan ;)

Friday
I tried to sleep in (which I can't do . . . very rarely will I sleep until 8 . . . . but this is good because I won't get to sleep in once little Baby Rey comes into our lives) but got up about 6:15. The pup and I snuggled and then I finally got ready. My mom and I had lunch at Macy's then went shopping for some more maternity clothes :) So fun! Then we met up with friends for dinner at Logan's. It was a fun day!

Saturday (today)
I didn't try to sleep in, because I really couldn't get comfortable, which leads us to a task to accomplish today, buy the pregnancy body pillow ASAP! I made breakfast, and then cleaned the house. We got this new carpet powder by Arm and Hammer that has OxiClean in it, and is supposed to fight pet smells and carpet stains. Everything looks clean (don't think it was exactly like the commercial) and it smelled fresh afterward. I organized my closet (aka: things that don't fit or won't fit soon on one rack, and maternity wear and clothes that will work through my pregnancy on the other racks. I love to organize :) Then I got ready, and decided to paint my nails, toes AND fingers. They needed a fresh look! My hubby watched Michigan States first football game of the season, and we ate lunch. In the process I found out about the stroller being in stock, so we ordered that . . . and that brings us to about now!

We plan to head to Babies R Us to buy my pillow (yes!!!) and a baby gate. The gate is to keep the pup out of at least one room so the cats have a little freedom, and of course it will be multi-purpose once little Baby Rey arrives. AND I think we are getting Slurpees and Pizza for dinner :) YUMMMM!

I hope you are having a good weekend . . . I love the LONG weekends the best. Tomorrow we head up to a Rey family get together for the afternoon/evening . . . meaning tonight I need to make something yummy to take with (I am thinking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies). Happy Saturday to you!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for our US in 2 weeks! So excited. Oh and I think you're having a boy. Go vote for what you think I'm having on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crib is so pretty- hope the pizza was yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll chime in with my guess for Team Manly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh i am so glad the stroller (hopefully) worked out and I love the crib! so cute!

    can't wait to see how the room comes together.

    i guess Team Frilly! :)

    ReplyDelete