How far along? 18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Still about 7 pounds, maybe 8 on a big snack day :)
Maternity clothes?: Love them! And love the new ones my mom and I found . . . as I need a few more pair of work pants
Sleep: Well, yesterday was the 1st day of school and I fell asleep at about 8:30 on the couch, only waking up to get into bed about 9:00. I think after that though, I got up around 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 . . .see a pattern??? My body pillow helps a bit though, my back is feeling a bit better :)
Best moment this week: Having my hubby feel the baby :)
Movement: Moving all over! I feel it even amidst the crazy moments at preschool!
Food cravings: Still not a whole lot as far as cravings . . . slurpees are yummy though, and pizza. I have also been on a nacho kick lately too! Just pretty much hungry all around!
Gender: Manly or Frilly???? We know in less than 2 days!!!! Friday!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie still, but the belly is popping :)
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, but it is good practice for when our little one arrives. And I would love to miss getting sick in the morning, but it still rears it's ugly head for a few day stretch . . . .gross!
What I am looking forward to: Still the ultrasound! It is the coolest things seeing our little baby moving all around, and it's cute little profile :) AND the stroller and crib are both due to be here before the weekend!!! Babies R Us came through for us . . . and of course Target. I can't wait to show you what they look like all set up! And we are picking up paint on Friday too!
Weekly Wisdom: Cherish every moment, and breathe deeply when the moment is stressful. If all else fails . . . pray, pray, and pray some more. And of course laugh when times get hairy :)
Milestones:We have an sweet potato!
The Bump says, "Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon."So you want to hear about the first few days of school???
Well . . . yesterday was the 1st day. It went better than I pictured but also was so exhausting. It was wonderful to see my kids again and meet a few cute new faces too. Most teachers get that nervous class the first day of school, but when I have most of the same kids a few years in a row . . the first day is . . .well loud! There wasn't that calm before the storm, more like lots of little balls of fire :) Still it is fun to have them all back! And like I mentioned above, I slept like a baby(mostly . . well probably a lot like a newborn).
Today was much easier. We cracked down on some rules and procedures . . . and were able to talk as staff several times to share what was working, what needed to change. I love the ladies I work with :) I don't ever want to be that teacher who is all high-and-mighty/my-way-is-the-only-way-so-deal-with-it. I prefer a team approach, and lots of input from my para-pros and various therapists (PT, OT, Speech, Music, and HI consultant). I think that is why we work so well together :) Not to mention our hearts are all in the same place! We all love the Lord and love kids. It is amazing how God works in both small and big ways!
I have one more work day this week. We typically don't have kids on Friday but this week is one of the 2 Fridays that we do have kids. Because we didn't get our calendar until last week, I planned on our ultrasound being after I was done with my typical Friday work load . . . so instead I am taking my first "sick" day. I am too excited to work, not to mention it is really hard to remember to drink all the liquid you need to before an ultrasound when you are with preschoolers all day. It is really hard to leave the kids the first week . . . and I feel bad for my co-workers and sub, but know I can't wait even more :)
I have to share a praise, and a few prayers with you guys. My paternal grandpa has pretty terrible health . . . in a nutshell lots of things going on and things in his body are pretty much not working very well at this point (for instance his heart and kidneys). His doctors decided it was finally time to start dialysis. He has gone 3 times already and sounds like he is doing a bit better already. He is able to get off several medications and enjoys the extra social interaction dialysis involves :) If you don't mind saying a prayer or two for his continued health and peace, I know he'd appreciate it. And also my hubby's grandpa is in pretty poor health too. He pretty much got a Leukemia diagnosis, and has had lots of health problems within the last few years. He's pretty down, and is having a hard time thinking positive. So send him some uplifting thoughts and prayers too please. Poor Grandpas! It is hard to get old. Much easier when you love the Lord, but still hard to come by.
I hope you all are having a great week! I know I am so ready for the weekend :)

Well . . . yesterday was the 1st day. It went better than I pictured but also was so exhausting. It was wonderful to see my kids again and meet a few cute new faces too. Most teachers get that nervous class the first day of school, but when I have most of the same kids a few years in a row . . the first day is . . .well loud! There wasn't that calm before the storm, more like lots of little balls of fire :) Still it is fun to have them all back! And like I mentioned above, I slept like a baby(mostly . . well probably a lot like a newborn).
Today was much easier. We cracked down on some rules and procedures . . . and were able to talk as staff several times to share what was working, what needed to change. I love the ladies I work with :) I don't ever want to be that teacher who is all high-and-mighty/my-way-is-the-only-way-so-deal-with-it. I prefer a team approach, and lots of input from my para-pros and various therapists (PT, OT, Speech, Music, and HI consultant). I think that is why we work so well together :) Not to mention our hearts are all in the same place! We all love the Lord and love kids. It is amazing how God works in both small and big ways!
I have one more work day this week. We typically don't have kids on Friday but this week is one of the 2 Fridays that we do have kids. Because we didn't get our calendar until last week, I planned on our ultrasound being after I was done with my typical Friday work load . . . so instead I am taking my first "sick" day. I am too excited to work, not to mention it is really hard to remember to drink all the liquid you need to before an ultrasound when you are with preschoolers all day. It is really hard to leave the kids the first week . . . and I feel bad for my co-workers and sub, but know I can't wait even more :)
I have to share a praise, and a few prayers with you guys. My paternal grandpa has pretty terrible health . . . in a nutshell lots of things going on and things in his body are pretty much not working very well at this point (for instance his heart and kidneys). His doctors decided it was finally time to start dialysis. He has gone 3 times already and sounds like he is doing a bit better already. He is able to get off several medications and enjoys the extra social interaction dialysis involves :) If you don't mind saying a prayer or two for his continued health and peace, I know he'd appreciate it. And also my hubby's grandpa is in pretty poor health too. He pretty much got a Leukemia diagnosis, and has had lots of health problems within the last few years. He's pretty down, and is having a hard time thinking positive. So send him some uplifting thoughts and prayers too please. Poor Grandpas! It is hard to get old. Much easier when you love the Lord, but still hard to come by.
I hope you all are having a great week! I know I am so ready for the weekend :)

Love this weeks picture!
ReplyDeleteyay for a good first day!
love little guys and i can just imagine the crazy first day back!
thinking of and praying for the grandpas!
You look great Erin! I can't wait to find out what you are having. I say girl.... but just because EVERYONE else I know who is preggo is having a boy :)
ReplyDeleteI am posting a mommy must have post soon...so be on the look! And since I made my blog private it doesn't show up on the side as updated anymore, so you'll have to check it out on your own!
Yay- only one more day until you can register for gender specific items! :) I'm glad school is going so well so far- congrats on your sweet potato!!
ReplyDeleteSo is it just me or do you just keep getting prettier and cuter with each passing week? Ok ok, it's not just me! Geez! Miss your face!
ReplyDelete