Friday, September 25, 2009

Hmmm . . .

So we are headed down to IKEA tomorrow! We are planning on picking up our dresser and rocker.

We are getting a white 8-drawer dresser which will double as a changing table. I like the idea of not only having a little extra space on top of the dresser to actually use, but love the fact that we will be able to use the dresser once babies are done using it.

The hardware is black or very dark nickel. . .I was thinking of MAYBE looking for green, blue or clear glass knobs, or we might keep these. Or maybe we could find something else. . .IDEAS????


Here is what I need . . . a little input on the rocker. I love the sleek style, and we plan to make arm cushions and a slip cover for it. So here are my thoughts and I need your help:

1. It comes in the light birch color or the darker wood finish. Which to choose? (Keep in mind the nursery is mostly light in color, but we do have very dark walnut in the house . . . cabinets in the kitchen, they pretty much look dark brown or black)

2. I read that it doesn't rock very well. I've tried it in the store and it works fine, but that is on their concrete flooring. A rocking chair that doesn't rock . . . make sense to you?

So take a peek and let me know what you think. Hmmmm!



I hope that you've had a good week! Besides our routine doctor visit it was a pretty typical week, minus the preschoolers coming down with lots of snot, sneezing, and one going home with a fever. Hopefully I stay healthy, and this annoying congestion in my chest disappears. It is mostly annoying and not making me feel too sick. I mainly have been tired, as in fell asleep around 8:30 or maybe a bit before last night, but this is to be expected with teaching preschoolers and growing a baby!

I have to tell you one more thing . . . Sparty and I have a new favorite game! I bought a big exercise ball (to use as a birthing ball and exercise ball . . .we'll see if we remember it when the time comes to go the the hospital, even though I know they have them there). He pretty much thinks that everything that comes home is for him, and well, we found a new game. It obviously is very bouncy and he thinks it is so fun to nudge it around with his nose and knock it around. I'll have to catch him on video sometime because it is worth a few laughs :) Pets make life so much more fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love the dresser! I think you should keep the knobs and hold on to them but while you have the nursery the way it is change it to the blue and/or green knobs.. that's my own personal preference and i know sometimes you can even find little kid knobs like maybe you could find some blue elephants or something (I know it's a lot of potential work for something so little but it might be fun!) As for the rocker, first off I will tell you that I have sat in that as well when I went to Ikea and didn't think it rocked very well, but it's all a personal preference thing and if you like it I think it will look great. I think I would personally choose the lighter color because your bamboo shades are lighter and so is the nursery. If you are looking for something that you can use in other areas of the house later on then I would definitely go darker but if it's just for the nursery I say lighter! John and I need to get to Ikea soon because he is in love with that one chair I have but because I have white cushions on it it looks so dirty and destroyed.. like beyond dry cleaning repair haha so I will need to see what color to change it to! Ok love your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dresser Knobs: Change them!!! And you can use any knobs, not just ikea knobs (I inquired the other day, because I will want different knobs than the book case doors come with). I think that clear knobs would be cute and classy and they would still work later after baby.

    Chair: Colorwise, I prefer the birch. You will most likely keep it in a nursery with the crib for your other future babes, and I like the birch with the white crib best, I think. :) I didn't think about it not rocking well on the carpet, hmm... Have you looked at other rockers (not gliders, just rockers)?

    Can't wait to see a video of Spart with the ball, that is too funny!!! I'm glad that you have a blog so that I can keep up on all of the little things going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're waiting to hear what you found...!

    ReplyDelete