I think I finally thawed out from yesterday's chill. It rained through Thursday night and pretty much all day yesterday. I don't have preschoolers on Friday but I go into work for a few hours to get things ready for the next week and catch up on paperwork. I don't know if I have mentioned but my preschool classroom is located in one of our local elementary schools which is so nice. However, when they don't have school (like yesterday they did not because teachers got a comp day for working Parent/Teacher Conferences two nights) the school is not heated. BRRRRR! I tried braving my room without my coat on for a bit but quickly put it back on. I probably made more copies of things than I needed to on that particular day because 1) I had the whole copier to myself, and 2) the warm papers coming out freshly copied felt so nice to hold on to!
I cranked the heat in the car and put my slippers on the second I got home. My nice hubby picked up warm soup for lunch and then I pretty much wrapped up in a blanket for the remainder of the afternoon. One of my best friends just got engaged so she stopped by to fill me in and let me oogle over her ring :) Then we headed out to my in-laws for dinner, and their house was nice and toasty . . . finally thawing me out. I crashed about 20 minutes after we got home and woke up about 12:30 next to a snoring pup on the couch next to me all snuggled up. We both got up and officially went to bed, only for me to wake up about 2 more times for a bathroom break because SOMEONE thought it would be funny to push on my bladder throughout the early morning ;) Needless to say I woke up around 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep, finally got out of bed around 5:15 and made a nice warm bath. It was nice and relaxing, only to be interrupted by noisy cats who get confused when I wake up early and think it must be time to eat. Then Little Mister thought it was a good time for a dance party in my belly, and demanded breakfast. I think the toaster popping and aroma of peanut butter woke a certain puppy up and he decided to join in the morning fun too.
Today, I plan to head to the library, return, and check-out some new books for the classroom. I need to buy a few pumpkins for this week at school, and maybe warm up some cider :)
And I just need to say, I am sure I'll get a few whines from parents or kids this week . . . but I really dread classroom parties, and in agreement with my wonderful co-workers we decided to only hold two parties this year. We are going to have a "Harvest" party before Thanksgiving, and a "May day" party in May. We can avoid the crazy holiday moments, and still have a few crazy moments (added to our already normally crazy moment filled days). Call be Scrooge, or maybe just really tuned in to how many of my preschoolers react to extra people in our classroom, but two is enough for me :) We will make some kind of fun treat to munch on, and do some Halloween type activities this week but we don't need the masks and costumes to make it even louder in my active classroom.
I may do a little baking or shopping . . . or just sit around all afternoon and veg on the couch to musicals or a Gilmore Girls marathon, but either way I will relax, and I hope you find time to do so too!
Oh and . . . I think we have our favorite name picked out and decided on! Yay! But it is not Nolan, or Weston . . .and probably won't be Grayson either. We have decided that because you all already know Little Mister is . . . well a mister, that we will leave you guessing until he arrives (partly because the surprise is fun and partly because who knows if he'll end up looking like the name we currently love). Sorry for the mean trick but I promise the name will be perfect for our little man :)
That story had me longing for some cool weather! It was 92 degrees yesterday, and a crisp 70 degrees this morning! Enjoy your weekend :)
ReplyDeleteWe didn't tell Porter's name either. We had TWO we liked and then waited until he was born to see what he looked liked. When Nick handed Porter to me at the hospital he said, "He looks like a Porter." It's my grandma's maiden name...
ReplyDeleteAnyways, Greyson was our other name!! Ha ha.
Hope you're nice and warmed-up... sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to find out what we get to call Little Mister in February!
ReplyDelete