Saturday, October 17, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

My preschoolers keep me busy but every once in a while I get to have fun . . .and often funny conversations with them about the random things that pop into your head. Here is a little bit of the conversation that went on during snack one day with two of my preschoolers and myself:

"Mrs. Rey?"
"Yes ______"
"When is your baby going to pop out?"
"Well not for a few more months"
"How come?"
"Well, he has to keep growing bigger."
"Oh. When he comes out, will he still be a baby?"
"Yes, he'll be a baby for a little while still"

Another student chimes in, who is going to be a big brother to a little sister very soon here . . .
"I have two babies."
"Well that's not the truth is it?"
"Yes it is."
"Remember ________, your mom is having one baby and it is a girl."
(mind you this child was completely certain that it would be a girl and if it wasn't good luck to mom)
"No, she is having a boy."
"Well, I am having a boy, but she is having a girl."
"Well how about you take my baby and I can have your baby."
"I don't think your mom would like that very much."
"Yes she would."

oh goodness . . . I was giggling :)

There are moments when I think, "What am I doing teaching?" but only for about 1 minute because I love it! The tantrums, the snotty noses, the kicking, the hugs, the funny things they say . . . . all worth it. And they need loving teachers, to give them extra attention, directions, structure, and make learning fun. Now if we could only figure out a legal way to get their bottoms stuck on the spot I need them to sit, and their hands fixed into their laps . . . life would be so much easier ;)

3 comments:

  1. haha...i love kids....they say the darndest things....allllllll day......i hear it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i love listening to and having conversations with kids... it is so entertaining and fun!

    ReplyDelete