Wednesday, November 18, 2009

28 weeks . . . third trimester!!!!


How far along? 28 weeks, into the third trimester!!!

Total weight gain/loss: 22 pounds

Maternity clothes?: Can't live without them!

Sleep: Falling asleep fine, but having trouble getting comfortable, and then with all the adjusting to try and get comfortable, I have a hard time staying asleep . . .not to mention someone likes to kick me early in the morning ;)

Best moment this week: no calls from the OB so I am guessing I passed the glucose test, which is a good thing!

Movement: Super wiggly, making my belly roll! Last night he kicked by my belly button and made it kinda pointy looking for a few seconds, that was funny!

Food cravings: Pizza and slurpees . . . . we got it tonight and it was GOOOOOOD!

Gender: growing a little man

Labor Signs: One or two Braxton-Hicks throughout the week, but not every day

Belly Button in or out? very, very shallow

What I miss: No backaches, and bending over to reach things off the floor (because we know that NONE of MY preschoolers forget to pick up random things at school throughout the day) and MY puppy would NEVER leave his toys all over the house . . .

What I am looking forward to: Our Ultrasound next week, I can't wait to hear how big he is and see how different he looks from about 2 months ago :)

Weekly Wisdom: Family comes first . . . my mantra from here on out. It isn't always easy to balance family time but when it comes to family and work, but family is always first.

Milestones: Into our THIRD trimester! 12 more weeks (unless he comes early or late) and Little Mister will be in our arms.

Say your prayers for my hubby's family . . . his grandpa passed away last weekend. It was kind of fast, but I had a feeling it was coming because his health wasn't good. He was diagnosed with Leukemia a few months ago, but struggled with some blood problems for about two years before that. He'd been suffering for a bout that long and now isn't anymore. He was a funny, spunky man . . . loved by many, and he'll be missed. We'll be heading to the funeral tomorrow, and it never is an easy thing.

This week marked our third birthing/parenting class and we enjoyed talking about how to prepare for the unexpected things that can happen in labor/delivery (C-sections, induction, etc), and it just makes you feel good to know a little more information. Next week we are talking about babies and newborn care :) I'll be making Chris practice diapering a lot between now and then but KNOW he'll get lots of great experience when our little one is here.

We had a Harvest Party at school today . . .well technically we had two (morning and afternoon class). We started talking about the First Thanksgiving and had the kids help prepare some simple dishes to share with family members (mashed potatoes and stuffing). They helped measure and combine the ingredients, and cut out turkey shapes with turkey lunch meat. They enjoyed trying the different foods, and being chefs. We even found cranberry jello, which tasted a lot like that little bit sweet, but little bitter cranberry flavor, amazing! It isn't always the most stress-free day but it was fun and the kids liked being able to do some special things to share with their family members. It made me excited for Thanksgiving dinner :)

I am SO thankful for the beautiful weather we've been graced with for the past few weeks. It has given us lots of needed time outside to burn off some energy and get our Vitamin D for the day :)

I'm thankful for a squirmy boy in my belly . . . he is so fun to watch move around, even when he kicks me in the bladder ;)

I'm thankful for slippers, kicking my feet up at night, and curling irons . . . oh the little things that help me make it through the day . . .besides the reminder that no matter what pain I feel, how tired I am, how much work I have to do to make myself feel cute . . .it is all SO worth it for Little Mister :) He better really appreciate his momma ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh...I can so relate to staying asleep and not being able to pick things up off the floor! Congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will go by so fast now! I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- your harvest party sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your belly is so cute. Cannot wait to see that little baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow 3rd trimester! i am so behind and i apologize! you look adorable... feels like it is flying by.. can't wait to "meet" your Little Mister!

    ReplyDelete