How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 24 pounds . . . .22 on a good day!!!
Maternity clothes?: Necessary!
Sleep: Sleeping well, for the most part. Having funny baby dreams :)
Best moment this week: Finding out everything is GREAT at our ultrasound, passing the glucose test with flying colors (it was 89 and it has to be under 150), and Thanksgiving is tomorrow :)
Movement: Lots of rolling and wiggling, he's quite entertaining to watch
Food cravings: Craved chicken noodle soup earlier this week, so we made some. Otherwise, cookies and mashed potatoes (but kind of a normal thing)
Gender: Once again confirmed that he is ALL boy!!! And quite a show off at that!
Labor Signs: a few braxton-hicks . . .but not every day
Belly Button in or out? still a little in but still very shallow
What I miss: being able to wear whatever shoes I want to . . . comfort is the ONLY option.
What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving dinner, mashed potatoes, stuffing, games at the Allen's tomorrow evening, extra days off, my first shower next weekend!!!
Weekly Wisdom: It's all in God's hands . . . no matter what trust that!
Milestones: Well, we could say Little Mister passed a milestone of growing how he should be . . .he is measuring at 30 weeks and they are estimating him to be 3lbs 7oz already!!! I don't know how accurate that is but he's a little butterball!
I only have about two pictures from our ultrasound yesterday to share with you but I feel like now I can share a little more information with you. Backtrack to our 18 week ultrasound, when we found out we were having a little boy . . . about a week later we got a call from the OB saying "please call us back" . . .so yes your head starts spinning a bit because my OB only calls if there is an issue with something. Well when our OB was going over the ultrasound pictures they found a Plexoid Cyst on the right hemisphere of his brain. They assured me that they were 90% sure everything was fine but they would like to refer me to a specialist for a more detailed ultrasound. So at 21 weeks we had our "level 2" ultrasound, and the cyst was still there. The doctor checked to make sure there weren't any other "soft markers" for any abnormal growth with Little Mister. They said everything else looked perfect but that because the cyst was still there they would like us to come back again to make sure he was growing properly and see if the cyst disappears. Our understanding of the Plexoid Cyst is that they can form, often in the baby's brain, as a result of their bodies developing so quickly . . .think kind of like a little bubble in a vein. We went yesterday for our ultrasound follow-up and the cyst was gone (which they said they likely were at the follow-up appointment). They said the cysts were as common as 2-3/100 pregnancies/babies . . . but you know when you get that call that something might be wrong your heart stops a bit! But we trusted that God had it all in his hands, prayed lots about it, and Little Mister is looking great!
Like I said he was measuring a week ahead of schedule (we are 29 weeks today and he was measuring in the 90th percentile for 30 weeks with about every growth measurement they checked- things like head, leg bones, belly, etc.) He was in the same position he always is, head down, arms and hand up by his face and legs all snug up by his belly too. He's so cute, and I have two pictures to share with you. The only downfall of going to the specialist vs the regular ultrasound tech was they print the pictures vs. give you a disc, so we had to be creative in downloading them to share. The one picture looks like he is a leprechaun because his umbilical cord is by is face and . . . well you'll see :) Funny! We think he has his dad's nose and can't wait to see him for real very soon.


We finished our parenting/birthing class last night. We got to watch "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and it was interesting! The hubs practiced swaddling and changing the baby (which was a little black baby - Chris said it was what the baby would look like if I had it with one of my Hollywood heart-throbs Taye Diggs, haha!) It gave some great little tips to help bring out the "calming reflex" in your baby. We are SO excited for our little man to get here (but would like him to keep growing big - not too big - and strong for a while longer), but his momma wouldn't mind if he was a BIT early because the extra weight is not the most comfortable thing to carry around.
And . . .I probably shouldn't even mention it . . .but we picked Little Mister's name! Sorry but we couldn't wait to decide between two names . . . this momma wanted to get letters to hang on his wall. But for now, it will be kept a surprise from everyone until his grand entrance. I know, I am mean! Forgive me :) We love his name, and know it will be perfect for him :) I have the letters painted (but I may need to do a little touch up but I THINK I like how they turned out. I'll know more when I try to hang them up).
That's all for now! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. Enjoy your family and friends, don't get stuck in crazy Black Friday sale lines (no trampling please . . .yikes!), and enjoy an extra long weekend :)
You picked a name? How unfair. LoL the suspense is killing me but worth the wait. You should at least tell us what the first letter is! :) He definitely has Chris's nose too :) He looks great!
ReplyDeleteYou and he look amazing! Take care mama :D
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear his name! But, I will be patient since we made everyone wait to hear Porter's as well...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that everything with Little Mister is healthy and great now. I know that can be scary!!!
p.s. You look great, as always :)
Love the new photos of Little Mister- have fun at your first shower!
ReplyDeleteWhat letter does the first name start with ??
ReplyDeleteAnxious for your shower Saturday!!..Love, Gram