Wednesday, December 2, 2009

30 Weeks . . .




How far along?
30 weeks!!!!!!!!

Total weight gain/loss: 25 big ones . . .

Maternity clothes?: They are comfy and annoying all at once!

Sleep: Sleeping . . . not so great this week! Extra bathroom trips added during the night and I can't always fall back asleep. Oh well!

Best moment this week: making it to 30 weeks!

Movement: watching my belly roll and wiggle. Little mister loves to dance!

Food cravings: Ice cream - chocolate

Gender: handsome little man :) I hope he looks just like his daddy!

Labor Signs: braxton hicks

Belly Button in or out? little bit of both, it changes throughout the day too

What I miss: being comfortable sitting

What I am looking forward to: My first baby shower this weekend :) And hearing how Little Mister is doing next Tuesday!

Weekly Wisdom: Parents need to perfect that "disappointed" tone and look because it is quite effective . . .even for my students :)

Milestones: 10 weeks to go (more or less . . .I am thinking he may arrive a little early but we will see).

Starting to get people asking "How much longer do you have to go?" And they just kind of give me a "good luck with that" look when I say we are due Feb 10th!!!!!! Starting to really be thankful for comfy couches, extra pillows and putting my feet up at night. He's getting heavy to carry around!

This week I made gingerbread playdough, and the preschoolers love it. We've been talking about the Gingerbread Man story, and will compare it to Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett next week. Cute and fun stories. The kids are getting anxious for Christmas, and were SO excited to change the calendar this week. They are cute, often make naughty choices, but are mostly so fun to work with. It has been so nice that this week is flying by, because I am starting to loose steam by about 1/2 way through the afternoon . . . but I'm planning on working as long as I can before Little Mister makes his way into our lives.

I am trying to get the fun things done in his room now. We have the letters for his name all painted and hidden away for now, I think I'll have the hubs hang them and then we'll hide them until he comes so it is a surprise. But the pup knows his name already (rather a baby doll we are using to get him ready for the real little man) but when we say "Where's baby_____?" he runs to the crib and stares and kinda whines like "come get him". He likes licking and kissing the doll, sniffing it, and laying next to it for "tummy time" and I KNOW he'll be a very protective and loving brother. The cats just like laying on various baby things, like strollers, and jumping in cribs that hold Christmas presents (the ribbons are irresistable) . . . naughty. They haven't tried to get in since we moved them! I am sure they'll think the bouncer and crib and whatever else looks cozy is meant for them to sleep in. Oh well . . .we will figure it out :)

We have our OB appointment next Tuesday and then start going every two weeks until 36 weeks and then go every week . . .unless we hear otherwise. I think the shower coming up and the holidays quickly creeping up are really going to make things go fast. I have always been one to find lots of projects and things to organize but I think I'm starting to "nest" a little more than I normally am. I want things really clean, and really organized. I washed all the current clothes we have and will do a load of fuzzy things (sleep sacks, snow suits, blankets, etc) after the shower. I loved folding all Little Mister's tiny clothes, and found myself wondering how long he'll wear each of them, how big he'll be when he comes out, etc. I am getting so anxious to meet his sweet face. It is crazy how much in love you are with a little person who you've never meet face to face, and I can only imagine how crazy I am going to be for him when he really gets here. For now I am loving his kicks, his hiccups, his little movements and big rolls. He can keep getting bigger, gaining maturity of his organs and getting stronger each day. But man I can't wait to kiss those cheeks :)

I hope you are all having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. i love folding all the clothes we have too!! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I got so irritated when I had to keep waking up to go to the bathroom! Then I realized it was just prep for waking up with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing great Erin! I know what you mean about the more than usual "nesting" phase....Ron just looks at me like I'm crazy when I get in one of those moods, but he's learned to just get outta my way, let me do my own thing and appreciate it when it's all said and done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so amazing for being 30 weeks. I cannot wait to hear the name and see the pics of the little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete