Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! And Happy 7 week birthday to my baby boy (Seriously . . .7 weeks!!!!)

Parker and I had a little photo shoot . . .since he's a rockstar and all (Shamrock and Roll is what his cute little outfit says . . so I played paparazzi . . he was about as happy as a celebrity being photographed)







So funny! This was the last shot and it was like "Mom, this is so boring! Are we done yet?"


Love snuggling my boy!

Such a peaceful sleeper


Finally got to wear cute little jeans!



Sweet little smiles for momma


You see the cuteness I'm dealing with here?!?

So, you like how I still have 4 weeks and yet I am dreading going back to work already? I just snuggle Parker and think "In 4 weeks I don't get to do this anymore, so I'll hold you all day long." This is a great idea except then nothing-gets-done (I don't get ready, dishes don't get done, and he doesn't get to develop his brain as much staring at his mom all day as he does when he can move on the floor, or walk around and see and hear things with me). So I am praying frequently to have God help me focus on the here and now . . . and trying to let him sleep away from his mommy (harder for me than him).


But the best part of going back to work is that I know he'll be in very capable, loving hands; he won't even know I'm gone and I'll be super busy every second of the day with my preschoolers. Before I know it, I'll be picking up the little man.


Parker is getting so animated. He's smiling a lot, making lots of noises and cooing a bit too. He loves his swing still, loves his bouncy, loves tummy time (if the mood is right), loves being outside and has gotten a few walks in, and is starting to really hang on to me when I snuggle with him (kind of like big hugs . . .THE BEST). He makes the funniest noises, and faces . . .I love that little man so much :)


No comments:

Post a Comment