Sunday, August 1, 2010

One of his favorite things

Besides just being outside in general, splashing in his pool, watching cars drive by, watching Sparty run around and being on walks, Parker has another love . . .can you guess what it is?

"Mom! I need to get closer!! I'll just pull myself up!"
Watching his daddy mow the lawn!!! He will do this for a good 30 minutes if I let him, and he gets so excited when his daddy comes back in our direction.


"Hi Dad! Can I come help?"

I love being reminded of the simple forms of entertainment from my little man each day :)
This past week was a a hard one, funeral prep for my Grandpa, visitations and memorial service . . . .but the best part of it was sharing all the memories, pictures, and time with family. I can assure you there were plenty of tears and full blown sobbing moments because we miss Grandpa a lot, he was an amazing guy who we are so lucky to have in our hearts forever. The memorial was such a tribute to his life, and his passions, and I know he was watching from Heaven feeling very blessed and happy. I can say how thankful I am for not only family and friends, but particularly for my hubby and my sweet baby boy. Parker really helped me to focus on the simplicity of life and reminded me to smile and laugh a lot. I know God's timing is perfect in every season of life :)

2 comments:

  1. Your little boy is so cute! Nice to know there are still simple happiness-es in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. P is such a cutie- I love how his face just lights up when he sees you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete