Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's here . . .

Our tax refund that is (cha-ching!) and my new little toy . . .
Nikon D3100

I opted for a great deal at Best Buy where I got a convienent (not cute by any means though) case and extra 55-200mm VR lens, and the camera itself came with a 18-55mm zoom VR lens.

My hubby bought me a book for Christmas so I can learn the ins and outs of the camera, and I plan to take a class or two at our local camera shop, and get lots of tips from Kate too. But so far (with the 8 pictures I took tonight just playing real quick with it) I like it. Caught Sparty's tongue mid air in one because he walked into a frame . . kinda funny but neat to see how quick it is. And I have to look up all the modes and specs but one quick auto feature it offers is a "child" option for quick little movers like my little man . . . Looking forward to sharing some pictures as I learn more about my new toy!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I screwed up our taxes (submitted a little too quick) so I'm waiting for the refund to send part of it back in...yuck!

    I'm sure you'll LOVE the new camera! I have the D3000...got it for my birthday/Drake's birth/Valentine's Day last year. Unfortunately, I keep it on auto most of the time. I really need to figure out how to use it more affectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Enjoy your new camera! I'm a new follower :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. read my lips: JEALOUS!! I think I might be getting a new camera very soon once all our debt is paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puts my new Canon Power Shot SX210 IS to shame but it works for this old lady...Love my 14x optical zoom...good for Cheer & Basketball closeup shots...enjoy your new camera...will be fun when Chris starts to tackle the basement remodel with Parker helping! Luv, Grmma

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! We'll definitely set aside some time for lessons when you visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE a new camera! Have fun with yours - can't wait to see the shots you capture. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I love meeting new blogging mommys!

    ReplyDelete