Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thankful

Sometimes I feel like there is a lot on my plate. Being a working mom is hard. Being a special education teacher and a mom is harder. Being a happy mom and wife when my preschoolers are trying is even more challenging. Keeping up with all the paperwork, reports, evaluations, IEPs, and our own family appointments, activities, etc is exhausting sometimes. I KNOW I wouldn't make it through a day without lots of prayer, and energy given to me from God when I need it most. I'm not perfect, at times I have strived for that but it isn't real and not how we are meant to be. I just try to do things a little at a time, take lots of time for hugs, kisses, and snuggles from my boys, and pray a lot. I know everything will get done, it just won't be a week or so ahead of time everytime like I could do before. I know the house will get cleaned, laundry will get done (thanks a lot to my hubby who is so helpful with this), dishes will get washed, and even the whining won't last forever. I'm thankful for challenges because I know they make be stronger, and lessons that God teaches me when I feel like I won't ever figure things out. I'm thankful for a husband and family that support, love and pray for me and believe in me. I'm thankful for friends to share exciting things with, and struggles with, and I'm thankful for weekend and vacations.

I'm thankful for cute little boys who like to play with hats










and still like to check in with their mommy and give some love :)

3 comments:

  1. These are the days and things that make it all worthwhile, aren't they? He is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, we all have BEEN THERE, DONE THAT....and it continues...but just take a deep breath, & do things, one at a time & remember to stop & smell the roses...it WILL all get done...& enjoy life! God hears all our prayers & gives us the answers & strength we need...now or later, just TRUST & BELIEVE!

    Love you lots, (P & C too)
    Grmma & Gramp G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that same way. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete