Friday, July 15, 2011

Thrune Park

Our second stop this past Friday was a park designed specifically for younger kids. We used to come visit Thrune Park and play all the time when I was a little girl. They closed the park for a little while about a year ago to redo the park and it is perfect again, and maybe even a little improved :)





It has letters, colors, shapes, animals, and of course a little bit of water involved too. There are paths all around the park for kids to run and ride bikes. There are TONS of benches and picnic areas to enjoy. There is a cool-water misting area that is on a timer and kids get to help push buttons to turn it back on (just enough water to cool the kiddos down - but a little more splash wouldn't hurt either . . . be we are also lucky enough to have about 4-5 different splash parks in the area too). And well, I'll show more with pictures!


P's favorite - "Croco"


I can see myself Momma!


This seat is just the right size!


"Parker, that is an R like for Rey" "R!!!!!!!!"



I love that this area is so shaded :)



And two my favorite mommy features at this park, and a clean bathroom and the whole park is fenced in :)



Bike path that goes around and around




Old man river ;)


Running running running around the misting area


Turning on the mist all by myself . . see Noni!


And a little snack break in the shade

2 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E his hat! What an awesome park! Wish we had that. Also, I wish we had a splash park! I see those on other blogs and they look SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still need to take Espen there:)Looks like so much fun!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete