Friday, September 16, 2011

Apple picking

We have a tree, a tiny red-delicious apple tree, in our front yard. We've had apples on it for a few years, but maybe 8-10 apples.



This year, that little tree was a bit ambitious and produced about 40 apples!!!

They looked pretty much ripe to pick, although we haven't tasted one in a few weeks. We invited Aunt Kelly and Cael over to join in, and picked all the apples. I think there were only about 8 that we had to toss into the woods because of bugs too.









I think we'll probably use them to make some apple crisp, because even if they are a little tart, they won't be after that

Anyways, here are some pictures from that apple picking adventure. It will be fun to see how much the tree, boys, and apples change from year to year. Maybe someday we'll have enough to make a gallon or even two of homemade apple cider (I promise a post on that someday soon)











My grandpa, our very own Johnny Appleseed, would be so proud and excited!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those apples look amazing! We're having our first really cool day here and it makes me want to drink hot apple cider and visit a pumpkin patch - yay fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We have some apple trees as well {I think 4?} any special thing you have to do to take care of them so the bugs/worms don't get to them?

    ReplyDelete