Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Keeping it real.....

There are lots of moments as a Mom when you think.....I could've handled that differently. You know the moments, when both kids are screaming for you or just screaming because they think it is hilarious to be loud and yell back and forth. The moments when you are walking one of the kids back to time out for the 10th time because he won't sit in one spot. The moments when one of the kids won't let you do anything in the house without being attached at the hip all day.

Some days there are lots of those moments, and some days there are very few of them at all.

In it all, you can choose to focus on the positive, or drive yourself crazier with the chaos. I find my happy in a few things:

Jesus. Praying. I ask myself multiple times a day how to people survive life without Him.

Exercise. Yes I just typed that. I've found my groove :)

Fountain pop. Preferably Pepsi. My guilty pleasure.

Nap time. Mostly those quiet moments even if it is only about 5 overlapping between the boys some days . . . Silence :)

Lists and organizing myself.

Baking, cooking, or crafting. Alone or with little people helping.

Finding even 10 minutes for myself to get clothes on, put on a little makeup and brush my teeth.

Playdates. Talking to other Moms is fabulous!

Snuggles, smooches, and singing for my boys.

Reading to my boys and for myself (often on my iPad these days) but when I can catch a second or two to enjoy a good read.

Watching my boys play and laugh together, they love one another.

Family movie time. Sometimes on the couch, sometimes snuggled with P in his bed.

Playing outside.

Getting a pedicure.

a little retail therapy. Usually finding a cute little outfit for the boys, a book, a little toy.....sometimes something for myself of my hubs.

And dates with the hubs.....we're over-due on one of those. Better fix that, because I am so thankful for him.

What little things make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment